Hawaii's Maui Film Festival to honor Zac Efron
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com1 of 8
- Photo: 20 Century Fox / Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Andy Fossum/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: James Breeden/Nathanael Jones/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
WAILEA, Hawaii (AP) -- Teen heartthrob Zac Efron will be honored by the Maui Film Festival in Hawaii later this month with its Shining Star Award.
The star of "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" and "17 Again" will accept it on June 16, the festival's opening night.
Festival director Barry Rivers says the 22-year-old actor "is an exemplary shining star."
Rivers says this year's mantra is "Trust the Future," and Efron is an actor with an extraordinary career behind him and an even more brilliant one ahead of him.
Information from: The Maui News, http://www.mauinews.com
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite