Hawaii's Maui Film Festival to honor Zac Efron
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com1 of 8
- Photo: 20 Century Fox / Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Andy Fossum/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: James Breeden/Nathanael Jones/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential PeoplMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 8:05:00 AM
- Kevin Clash, Voice of Elmo, Cleared of Sex Abuse ChargesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 6:57:00 AM
- Review: 'Hearthstone' card game is the real dealMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 5:46:01 AM
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone BoyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:00:00 AM
- American Idol: Who Blew the Judges Away?MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 7:31:00 PM
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential Peopl
WAILEA, Hawaii (AP) -- Teen heartthrob Zac Efron will be honored by the Maui Film Festival in Hawaii later this month with its Shining Star Award.
The star of "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" and "17 Again" will accept it on June 16, the festival's opening night.
Festival director Barry Rivers says the 22-year-old actor "is an exemplary shining star."
Rivers says this year's mantra is "Trust the Future," and Efron is an actor with an extraordinary career behind him and an even more brilliant one ahead of him.
Information from: The Maui News, http://www.mauinews.com
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite