Hawaii's Maui Film Festival to honor Zac Efron
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com1 of 8
- Photo: 20 Century Fox / Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Andy Fossum/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: James Breeden/Nathanael Jones/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
WAILEA, Hawaii (AP) -- Teen heartthrob Zac Efron will be honored by the Maui Film Festival in Hawaii later this month with its Shining Star Award.
The star of "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" and "17 Again" will accept it on June 16, the festival's opening night.
Festival director Barry Rivers says the 22-year-old actor "is an exemplary shining star."
Rivers says this year's mantra is "Trust the Future," and Efron is an actor with an extraordinary career behind him and an even more brilliant one ahead of him.
Information from: The Maui News, http://www.mauinews.com
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite