Katherine Heigl was dropped by publicist after string of bad press
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: AB1/Wonderwall4 of 16
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Suntzulynn for LE/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Carter Smith/Elle8 of 16
- Photo: Carter Smith/Elle9 of 16
- Photo: Carter Smith/Elle10 of 16
- Photo: Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.12 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com14 of 16
- Photo: HVC/ZOJ/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Actress Katherine Heigl was dropped by her own publicist following a string of bad press in 2008 because she consistently exhibited "diarrhea of the mouth".
The "27 Dresses" star courted controversy after claiming director Judd Apatow's script for her hit film "Knocked Up" was "a little sexist".
She then infuriated a number of her TV co-stars soon afterwards by insisting she didn't deserve an Emmy Award for her work on Grey's Anatomy because her character "had no material worthy to submit".
Heigl's publicist worked overtime to repair the damage the comments had done to her reputation, but when the actress refused to hide her true feelings and instead give more "chipper interviews", her rep promptly dropped the blonde beauty as a client.
She tells Elle magazine, "I've never really been America's sweetheart, but for a minute I think that's what they wanted me to be. And I had 'em for a second thinking maybe I was. And then I opened my mouth, and it was very clear I wasn't."
And while Heigl doesn't regret any of her actions, she wishes she had kept some of her more cutting comments to herself: "I look at some of what I had to say, and I'm like, 'Oh my god, I would tell myself to shut up too.'"
But the actress is learning from experience - she's trying to reign in her blunt honesty and sarcastic attitude in a bid to better connect with her fan base.
She adds, "I'm just that a**hole who really wants everyone to like me, and it's a ridiculous goal and it's an impossible goal. But I think if I keep pushing forward and showing myself through and through, they will see me again for what I really am and not what has been sort of spun about me."
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite