Katherine Heigl was dropped by publicist after string of bad press
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: AB1/Wonderwall4 of 16
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Suntzulynn for LE/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Carter Smith/Elle8 of 16
- Photo: Carter Smith/Elle9 of 16
- Photo: Carter Smith/Elle10 of 16
- Photo: Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.12 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com14 of 16
- Photo: HVC/ZOJ/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'GuardiaMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:35:00 AM
- Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade Before the Wedding MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:09:00 AM
- Wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts HospitalizedMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Venice Reviews: Al Pacino Achieves Late-Career Greatness in 'Manglehorn'; BogdanovMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:04:00 AM
- Labor Day Viewing Guide: What to Binge-Watch This Weekend If You're Not Hanging Out With thMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:58:00 PM
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'Guardia
Actress Katherine Heigl was dropped by her own publicist following a string of bad press in 2008 because she consistently exhibited "diarrhea of the mouth".
The "27 Dresses" star courted controversy after claiming director Judd Apatow's script for her hit film "Knocked Up" was "a little sexist".
She then infuriated a number of her TV co-stars soon afterwards by insisting she didn't deserve an Emmy Award for her work on Grey's Anatomy because her character "had no material worthy to submit".
Heigl's publicist worked overtime to repair the damage the comments had done to her reputation, but when the actress refused to hide her true feelings and instead give more "chipper interviews", her rep promptly dropped the blonde beauty as a client.
She tells Elle magazine, "I've never really been America's sweetheart, but for a minute I think that's what they wanted me to be. And I had 'em for a second thinking maybe I was. And then I opened my mouth, and it was very clear I wasn't."
And while Heigl doesn't regret any of her actions, she wishes she had kept some of her more cutting comments to herself: "I look at some of what I had to say, and I'm like, 'Oh my god, I would tell myself to shut up too.'"
But the actress is learning from experience - she's trying to reign in her blunt honesty and sarcastic attitude in a bid to better connect with her fan base.
She adds, "I'm just that a**hole who really wants everyone to like me, and it's a ridiculous goal and it's an impossible goal. But I think if I keep pushing forward and showing myself through and through, they will see me again for what I really am and not what has been sort of spun about me."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Carmen Electra, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite