Helen Mirren plays Queen to grant dying boy's wish
- Photo: OneLittleLifeInspiresEveryone/Facebook1 of 9
- Photo: Claytons/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet7 of 9
- Photo: GIULIO MARCOCCHI/StarTraks8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Helen Mirren, who won an Oscar for portraying Queen Elizabeth II in the 2006 film "The Queen," dressed up in her royal best again to fulfill the wish of a dying boy whose request to meet the actual queen was denied.
Mirren, 67, heard about 10-year-old British boy Oliver Burton, who was born with Down syndrome and is currently facing a third battle with cancer, and invited him and his family to a performance of her play, "The Audience," in London's West End. In the play, she again portrays Queen Elizabeth.
After the performance, Oliver, who doctors have predicted only has weeks to live, sat down with Mirren for tea and also played with a pair of Corgis featured in the show.
"She stayed in character for the whole thing. Oliver thought she was the real Queen, and well, that's good enough for us," the boy's father told Britain's Daily Mail. The actress even "knighted" the boy and "told everyone that they had to call him Sir Oliver," his father added. "He had a brilliant day."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite