Hilary Duff: I'm 'Working Hard' to Lose the Baby Weight
- Photo: RCF/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 16
- Photo: @HilaryDuff/Twitter2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Jennifer Wilson Photography/Twitter4 of 16
- Photo: Nathanael Jones/ Rachid Ait/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Hilary Duff/Twitter7 of 16
- Photo: Hilary Duff/Twitter8 of 16
- Photo: Dmac/Premiere/Fame Flynet9 of 16
- Photo: NAV/Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: DMac/Rocstar/Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: Revolutionpix/Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: Rocstar/CPR/Fame Flynet13 of 16
- Photo: Hilary Duff/Twitter14 of 16
- Photo: EKA/ZOJ/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 50 Countries Enter Oscar Foreign Language Race: The Complete List (So Far)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:59:00 AM
- LA attorney faces suspension over doctored photosMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:49:17 AM
- Peter Dinklage to Star in Crime Thriller 'The Thicket'MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:49:00 AM
- Cuban salsa singer split between island and USMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:46:45 AM
- Competency hearing slated for boy in artist deathMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:41:47 AM
- 50 Countries Enter Oscar Foreign Language Race: The Complete List (So Far)
Hilary Duff is determined to drop the baby weight -- but in a healthy way!
The actress and her husband Mike Comrie welcomed the birth of their first child, son Luca Cruz Comrie, on March 20, and since then Duff has been anxious to lose the baby weight.
"Hell yeah!" Duff, 24, told Us Weekly with a laugh at the Bing Do Something event in Los Angeles on Friday. "I think if you ask any pregnant mom, they're like 'I want my body back,' but it takes time. It takes nine months for your body to get that way and it's putting on that weight on purpose."
"The second I start to get down like 'what happened to my body,' I look at my beautiful baby and I've never been more appreciative for this body that I have."
How does she feel about her body now?
"I'm fine with it. Obviously, I'm not where I want to be eventually, but I'm working hard and I'm doing everything I can to lose the weight the right way," she explained. "I'm breast-feeding, so you have to be careful and not do anything too drastic."
Instead, she's focusing her energy on her baby boy Luca. His latest milestone? He's rolling over!
"OK, I'm going to brag for a second," she told Us. "We were at the doctor for one of his checkups and he rolled over. He's really only rolled over like four times, but he did it in front of my pediatrician, and he [said], 'Wow, they usually start doing that at three months. That's pretty good.' I was like 'Yes!' "
"It was like a fluke thing, but he's rolled over occasionally. And he gives me that big, gummy smile which is the yummiest thing you've ever seen," she gushed.
"But every day he just seems a little more comfortable and confident," the mom added. "He used to scream getting out of the bathtub, and he only does that three times a week instead of every day. And he's just happy. It's funny, we constantly give commentary on what he's thinking, and we're just having a blast."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Hilary Duff: I'm "Working Hard" to Lose the Baby Weight
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTux by Armani
From Crowd Ignite