Jonah Hill explains Aussie beach rescue drama
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin2 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Details6 of 17
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Details7 of 17
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Details8 of 17
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.9 of 17
- Photo: WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Michael Kovac/.13 of 17
- Photo: Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Jonah Hill has spoken out to dismiss reports he was rescued by lifeguards during a swim with Channing Tatum in Australia this week, insisting he didn't need saving from the water.
RELATED: Best Off-Season Beach Bodies
The funnyman jetted Down Under with his "21 Jump Street" co-star to promote the new movie, and shortly after landing, they headed to Tamarama Beach in Sydney.
However, their swim was interrupted when two lifeguards on surfboards ordered Hill back to shore after he swam out too far, and subsequent reports suggested he had been involved in a dramatic rescue.
Hill tells News.com.au, "I come to Australia and go for a swim at Tamarama. I look back and see Channing is like a mile behind me... he's really far away. Two guys on surfboards then come up to me and say, 'You shouldn't be out this far.' So I swim back to Channing and we get out of the water.
"The next day we hear, 'Oh, you had to be rescued by two guys yesterday.' This is like the worst rumor, that I'm some loser who had to be air-rescued. I was a mile out further than any of the locals. I was just being awesome. I was going to choke a shark on my thighs if it had come to it.
"We had a blast. ... We had been drinking a lot before we went out swimming. And we had just got off a 14-hour flight, so we were ready to go."
RELATED: Beach Cruising: Summer Stragglers
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite