Hot Gossip: Jennifer vs. Jennifer? Lopez Pooh-Poohs Aniston Movie FeudRelated: Hot Gossip, Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Lopez
- Photo: AP1 of 6
- Photo: Shuji Kajiyama/AP2 of 6
- Photo: AP3 of 6
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 6
- Photo: Retna Digital5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Celeb birthdays for the week of May 26-June 1MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:01:00 PM
- 6 Lessons Hollywood Needs to Learn From 'The Fast & The Furious'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- YouTube Network FullScreen Hires HBO Go Co-Creator Tim MohnMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- How an Extreme Movie Makeover Saved 'Fast & Furious' From Going Direct to MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:43:57 PM
- 'Metallica Through the Never' Trailer: Dane DeHaan Faces an IMAX-Sized Riot (VideoMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 6:53:35 PM
- Celeb birthdays for the week of May 26-June 1
Hollywood tends to embrace the unoriginal, as evidenced by the upcoming remakes of "Footloose," "Ghostbusters" and "The Karate Kid," to name but a few. But has the prospect of two romantic comedies revolving around artificial insemination sparked a celebrity kerfuffle? London's Mail on Sunday is convinced that an "unlikely feud is simmering" between Jennifer Lopez and Jennifer Aniston over competing pregnancy-themed starring vehicles.
In what sounds like a far more entertaining story line than either of the movies in question, J.Lo is said to be "seething" over Aniston's currently filming romcom "The Baster," in which she plays a woman who decides to get pregnant through the titular gadget, only to have her best friend (Jason Bateman) replace her chosen sperm donor with his own, ahem, handout.
According to the paper, Lopez thinks the film is too close to her soon-to-start-production flick "The Back-Up Plan," in which she plays a woman who meets Mr. Right (Alex O'Loughlin) on the same day she learns her artificial insemination process was a success (by the by, the film's title was wisely changed from the not exactly baby-friendly "Plan B").
"The last thing J.Lo wants is to have Aniston overshadow her," alleges a source. "There's been some mud-slinging, with J.Lo claiming Jen took her idea."
But it seems the tale of the supposed plot purloining is about as plausible as swapping out someone's sperm bank withdrawal or discovering you're knocked up moments before finding your dream guy.
"Never is Hollywood dull," Lopez's rep, Leslie Sloane Zelnik, tells us. "This story is completely untrue."
What is true is that J.Lo is ramping up her charitable efforts. She's recently been talking up the dangers of whooping cough, and on Saturday she performed ribbon-cutting duties for the March of Dimes' March for Babies walkathon in Key Biscayne, Fla.
Mrs. Marc Anthony, whose twins, Max and Emme, celebrated their first birthday in February, was an honorary chairperson for the event.
"Me and Marc are always claiming, 'He's got my head and he's got my mouth,'" Lopez bubbled to Rachael Ray last week of her double bundles of joy. "And he's like, 'He's got my eyes and my nose, and I'm like, 'Thank God she's got my nose!' It's awful! . . . You want it all to be you."
Next: A teen power coupling?
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite