- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Shuji Kajiyama/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 6
- Photo: Retna Digital5 of 6
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
By Kat Giantis
Hollywood tends to embrace the unoriginal, as evidenced by the upcoming remakes of "Footloose," "Ghostbusters" and "The Karate Kid," to name but a few. But has the prospect of two romantic comedies revolving around artificial insemination sparked a celebrity kerfuffle? London's Mail on Sunday is convinced that an "unlikely feud is simmering" between Jennifer Lopez and Jennifer Aniston over competing pregnancy-themed starring vehicles.
In what sounds like a far more entertaining story line than either of the movies in question, J.Lo is said to be "seething" over Aniston's currently filming romcom "The Baster," in which she plays a woman who decides to get pregnant through the titular gadget, only to have her best friend (Jason Bateman) replace her chosen sperm donor with his own, ahem, handout.
According to the paper, Lopez thinks the film is too close to her soon-to-start-production flick "The Back-Up Plan," in which she plays a woman who meets Mr. Right (Alex O'Loughlin) on the same day she learns her artificial insemination process was a success (by the by, the film's title was wisely changed from the not exactly baby-friendly "Plan B").
"The last thing J.Lo wants is to have Aniston overshadow her," alleges a source. "There's been some mud-slinging, with J.Lo claiming Jen took her idea."
But it seems the tale of the supposed plot purloining is about as plausible as swapping out someone's sperm bank withdrawal or discovering you're knocked up moments before finding your dream guy.
"Never is Hollywood dull," Lopez's rep, Leslie Sloane Zelnik, tells us. "This story is completely untrue."
What is true is that J.Lo is ramping up her charitable efforts. She's recently been talking up the dangers of whooping cough, and on Saturday she performed ribbon-cutting duties for the March of Dimes' March for Babies walkathon in Key Biscayne, Fla.
Mrs. Marc Anthony, whose twins, Max and Emme, celebrated their first birthday in February, was an honorary chairperson for the event.
"Me and Marc are always claiming, 'He's got my head and he's got my mouth,'" Lopez bubbled to Rachael Ray last week of her double bundles of joy. "And he's like, 'He's got my eyes and my nose, and I'm like, 'Thank God she's got my nose!' It's awful! . . . You want it all to be you."
Next: A teen power coupling?
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite