Hugh Jackman: I Only Work Out Because I'm Paid To
- Photo: Men's Fitness/Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 16
- Photo: StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: Stuart Morton/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Dreamworks/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: Dreamworks/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: Todd G / Macca/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Beiny/Fu/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Carlos Costas/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 16
- Photo: 20th Century Fox/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Hugh Jackman knows where his bread is buttered.
The 42-year-old "Real Steel" star graces the October cover of Men's Fitness, where the actor admits he wouldn't be nearly as in shape if it weren't for his career as an action hero.
"I don't really enjoy training. People say it's addictive, but I'm like, 'not so much,'" Jackman says. "If I weren't getting paid or didn't have a character like Wolverine to maintain, I would just be a tall, lean, fit guy."
The Aussie, who went on a 6,000 calorie-a-day diet to bulk up for the next "Wolverine" movie, says maintaining his beefcake body has only gotten harder with age.
"Over the past three or four years it's gotten a lot tougher," Jackman tells Men's Fitness. "I have to eat a stricter diet. I have to train even harder. I can't get away with what I used to."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite