Hugh Jackman: I Only Work Out Because I'm Paid To
- Photo: Men's Fitness/Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 16
- Photo: StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: Stuart Morton/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Dreamworks/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: Dreamworks/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: Todd G / Macca/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Beiny/Fu/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Carlos Costas/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 16
- Photo: 20th Century Fox/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Hugh Jackman knows where his bread is buttered.
The 42-year-old "Real Steel" star graces the October cover of Men's Fitness, where the actor admits he wouldn't be nearly as in shape if it weren't for his career as an action hero.
"I don't really enjoy training. People say it's addictive, but I'm like, 'not so much,'" Jackman says. "If I weren't getting paid or didn't have a character like Wolverine to maintain, I would just be a tall, lean, fit guy."
The Aussie, who went on a 6,000 calorie-a-day diet to bulk up for the next "Wolverine" movie, says maintaining his beefcake body has only gotten harder with age.
"Over the past three or four years it's gotten a lot tougher," Jackman tells Men's Fitness. "I have to eat a stricter diet. I have to train even harder. I can't get away with what I used to."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite