Hugh Jackman: I Only Work Out Because I'm Paid To
- Photo: Men's Fitness/Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 16
- Photo: StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: Stuart Morton/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Dreamworks/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: Dreamworks/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: Todd G / Macca/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Beiny/Fu/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Carlos Costas/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 16
- Photo: 20th Century Fox/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Hugh Jackman knows where his bread is buttered.
The 42-year-old "Real Steel" star graces the October cover of Men's Fitness, where the actor admits he wouldn't be nearly as in shape if it weren't for his career as an action hero.
"I don't really enjoy training. People say it's addictive, but I'm like, 'not so much,'" Jackman says. "If I weren't getting paid or didn't have a character like Wolverine to maintain, I would just be a tall, lean, fit guy."
The Aussie, who went on a 6,000 calorie-a-day diet to bulk up for the next "Wolverine" movie, says maintaining his beefcake body has only gotten harder with age.
"Over the past three or four years it's gotten a lot tougher," Jackman tells Men's Fitness. "I have to eat a stricter diet. I have to train even harder. I can't get away with what I used to."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite