Hugh Jackman: I Only Work Out Because I'm Paid To
- Photo: Men's Fitness/Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 16
- Photo: StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: Stuart Morton/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Dreamworks/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: Dreamworks/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: Todd G / Macca/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Beiny/Fu/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Carlos Costas/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 16
- Photo: 20th Century Fox/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- 'A Haunted House 2' Review: Less Terrible, Still TerribleMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:08:00 PM
- Saturday Night Live to Air 40th Anniversary Special in 2015MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 12:54:00 PM
- Amy Poehler Promises 'Very Exciting Last Moment' in 'Parks and Rec&apMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 12:33:00 PM
- Shakira to Perform New Single 'Empire' on 'The Voice'MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 12:11:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in Cleveland
Hugh Jackman knows where his bread is buttered.
The 42-year-old "Real Steel" star graces the October cover of Men's Fitness, where the actor admits he wouldn't be nearly as in shape if it weren't for his career as an action hero.
"I don't really enjoy training. People say it's addictive, but I'm like, 'not so much,'" Jackman says. "If I weren't getting paid or didn't have a character like Wolverine to maintain, I would just be a tall, lean, fit guy."
The Aussie, who went on a 6,000 calorie-a-day diet to bulk up for the next "Wolverine" movie, says maintaining his beefcake body has only gotten harder with age.
"Over the past three or four years it's gotten a lot tougher," Jackman tells Men's Fitness. "I have to eat a stricter diet. I have to train even harder. I can't get away with what I used to."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite