Hugh Jackman Losing 3 Pounds a Night on Broadway Show
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News1 of 20
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 20
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News3 of 20
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital4 of 20
- Photo: WENN5 of 20
- Photo: Grey Wasp/Blue Wasp/Splash News6 of 20
- Photo: C. Smith/Wonderwall7 of 20
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin8 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 20
- Photo: Stuart Morton/Splash News10 of 20
- Photo: Dreamworks/Promotional11 of 20
- Photo: Enrique RC/Pacific Coast News12 of 20
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News13 of 20
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News14 of 20
- Photo: SKA/HSS/WENN15 of 20
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN16 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP17 of 20
- Photo: Bob Riha Jr/Promotional18 of 20
- Photo: Bob Riha Jr/Promotional19 of 20
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Is Hugh Jackman in danger of losing his buff body?
In an interview with NPR, the famously fit actor reveals he's been losing three to four pounds nightly from dancing in his new musical, "Hugh Jackman: Back on Broadway."
"We started a week ago," the 43-year-old Aussie said. "They've already taken my pants in three times."
Jackman, who once consumed 6,000 calories a day to beef up for his film role as Wolverine in the "X-Men" franchise, shares stories from his childhood and career in the Broadway show. He also incorporates anecdotes that feature his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, and their two children, Oscar, 11, and Ava, 6. According to Jackman, they also happen to be his toughest critics.
"I said, 'Guys, I want you to be really honest. My feelings won't be hurt. You can say whatever, but I just want to know if you like the show or not. Do you enjoy it?'" Jackman recalled. "And my son goes, 'You know, Dad, I really like it.'"
The actor's daughter Ava was less amused. "My daughter said, 'I find it a little boring,'" Jackman laughed. "I said, 'Fair enough. You're 6; I get it!'"
Despite his family's criticism, Jackman said he's having a blast performing on the Great White Way. "I sometimes pinch myself that I'm getting the chance -- it's like ultimate karaoke."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite