Hugh Jackman: Without Mick Jagger, I May Have Never Gotten Married
- Photo: SKA/HSS/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: C. Smith/Wonderwall3 of 16
- Photo: Grey Wasp/Blue Wasp/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin6 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Bob Riha Jr/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: Bob Riha Jr/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: CMELVIN/Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Men's Fitness/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin13 of 16
- Photo: StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Who needs moves like Jagger when you've got moves like Jackman?
Actor Hugh Jackman, appearing on a recent episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, recalled the story of how he first warmed up to his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness -- and how a key player in the deal was rock n' roll legend Mick Jagger.
“Without him," said the Aussie-born X-Men Origins: Wolverine hunk star, "I may have never gotten married."
The three-time Tony Award winner, 42, hosted a dinner party in Melbourne 16 years ago that his future wife was attending, though he wasn't sure if she liked him yet. He said her cell phone rang -- a big deal back in 1995 -- and it was one of her friends, partying with the Rolling Stone in a limo parked outside, and inviting her to join them.
"You can tell Mick Jagger to wait," the actor recalled her saying. "I'm talking to Hugh Jackman."
"That sealed the deal," Jackman said of Furness, who he has two children with, daughter Eva and son Oscar. "But what was she thinking?"
Later in the episode, the pair “Rick-rolled” the audience, reviving the popular Internet trend out of nowhere as they launched into a perfectly synchronized dance of the 80s pop anthem.
Jackman returns to Broadway for a 10-week run starting October 25 in Hugh Jackman -- Back on Broadway at New York's Broadhurst Theater; he also stars in the film Real Steel, which is in theaters now.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHit or Miss?
From Crowd Ignite