Hugh Jackman: Without Mick Jagger, I May Have Never Gotten Married
- Photo: SKA/HSS/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: C. Smith/Wonderwall3 of 16
- Photo: Grey Wasp/Blue Wasp/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin6 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Bob Riha Jr/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: Bob Riha Jr/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: CMELVIN/Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Men's Fitness/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin13 of 16
- Photo: StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'HerMSNEntertainment 7/26/2014 8:16:00 AM
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce CampbellMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Fires Writer Over Multiple Instances of PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:31:00 PM
- Fox at Comic-Con: James Bond Is Whack, We're Making Movies With Balls (and Jokes)MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:26:00 PM
- Sleepy Hollow Season 2: Is Ichabod a Gleek? MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:21:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'Her
Who needs moves like Jagger when you've got moves like Jackman?
Actor Hugh Jackman, appearing on a recent episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, recalled the story of how he first warmed up to his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness -- and how a key player in the deal was rock n' roll legend Mick Jagger.
“Without him," said the Aussie-born X-Men Origins: Wolverine hunk star, "I may have never gotten married."
The three-time Tony Award winner, 42, hosted a dinner party in Melbourne 16 years ago that his future wife was attending, though he wasn't sure if she liked him yet. He said her cell phone rang -- a big deal back in 1995 -- and it was one of her friends, partying with the Rolling Stone in a limo parked outside, and inviting her to join them.
"You can tell Mick Jagger to wait," the actor recalled her saying. "I'm talking to Hugh Jackman."
"That sealed the deal," Jackman said of Furness, who he has two children with, daughter Eva and son Oscar. "But what was she thinking?"
Later in the episode, the pair “Rick-rolled” the audience, reviving the popular Internet trend out of nowhere as they launched into a perfectly synchronized dance of the 80s pop anthem.
Jackman returns to Broadway for a 10-week run starting October 25 in Hugh Jackman -- Back on Broadway at New York's Broadhurst Theater; he also stars in the film Real Steel, which is in theaters now.
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite