Hugh Jackman: Without Mick Jagger, I May Have Never Gotten Married
- Photo: SKA/HSS/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: C. Smith/Wonderwall3 of 16
- Photo: Grey Wasp/Blue Wasp/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin6 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Bob Riha Jr/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: Bob Riha Jr/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: CMELVIN/Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Men's Fitness/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin13 of 16
- Photo: StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Kennedy Center Names Chicago Symphony Orchestra Head as New PresidentMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:44:54 AM
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Second Night Draws Steady RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:31:40 AM
- Fox COO Chase Carey: 'A La Carte Cable is a Farce'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:28:45 AM
- How McG Lured Producer Lance Sloane Back to Warner Bros. With 'Aim High'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:27:11 AM
- Dan Rather Says CBS News Has 'A Lot to Answer' About '60 Minutes&aposMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:00:48 AM
- Kennedy Center Names Chicago Symphony Orchestra Head as New President
Who needs moves like Jagger when you've got moves like Jackman?
Actor Hugh Jackman, appearing on a recent episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, recalled the story of how he first warmed up to his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness -- and how a key player in the deal was rock n' roll legend Mick Jagger.
“Without him," said the Aussie-born X-Men Origins: Wolverine hunk star, "I may have never gotten married."
The three-time Tony Award winner, 42, hosted a dinner party in Melbourne 16 years ago that his future wife was attending, though he wasn't sure if she liked him yet. He said her cell phone rang -- a big deal back in 1995 -- and it was one of her friends, partying with the Rolling Stone in a limo parked outside, and inviting her to join them.
"You can tell Mick Jagger to wait," the actor recalled her saying. "I'm talking to Hugh Jackman."
"That sealed the deal," Jackman said of Furness, who he has two children with, daughter Eva and son Oscar. "But what was she thinking?"
Later in the episode, the pair “Rick-rolled” the audience, reviving the popular Internet trend out of nowhere as they launched into a perfectly synchronized dance of the 80s pop anthem.
Jackman returns to Broadway for a 10-week run starting October 25 in Hugh Jackman -- Back on Broadway at New York's Broadhurst Theater; he also stars in the film Real Steel, which is in theaters now.
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMarrying Kind?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite