Ian McKellen officiating Patrick Stewart's wedding
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 8
- Photo: BEImages/Rex USA3 of 8
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Jonathan Drake/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Wonderwall6 of 8
- Photo: JGA/ZOJ/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: General Hospital Supercouple Nancy Lee Grahn, William deVry Answer Fan QuestionsMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:59:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Extant' Drifts Down From Second EpisodeMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:56:00 AM
- Kelsey Grammer is a dad againMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:50:19 AM
- Shia LaBeouf given plea deal deadline in courtMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:27:09 AM
- Do Supernatural Shows Need a Human Element?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:14:00 AM
- Exclusive: General Hospital Supercouple Nancy Lee Grahn, William deVry Answer Fan Questions
By Entertainment Tonight
Yup, it's true. McKellen is literally marrying Stewart -- but not in the way it sounds. McKellen announced on the British talk show "The Jonathan Ross Show" that he will preside over his 72-year-old "X-Men" co-star's upcoming nuptials to jazz singer Sunny Ozell, 35.
McKellen and Ross covered a wide range of subjects (the whole 15-minute interview is quite entertaining; we suggest watching it if you have the time), but when the topic of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" came up, the award-winning actor announced, "I'm going to marry Patrick," resulting in some hardy chuckles from the audience until he clarified, "How else do you put that? I'm going to officiate at his wedding."
And apparently this is not the first time that McKellen, 73, has presided over a wedding: He's united another couple in the U.K., "with two guys having a civil partnership. I was crying my eyes out," he said. McKellen, added that he wore a white gown to that affair, "something I bought in India that was rather fetching. You mustn't upstage the bride."
To which Ross quickly responded, "How can you not upstage [the bride] if you're floating in like some sort of cherub?"
We're betting McKellen won't be wearing a white gown this time around, lest he have a very angry bride on his hands. Though I bet she'd be OK with him donning his Gandalf the White garb -- who wouldn't want Gandalf the White to marry them?
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStylish Mama
From Crowd Ignite