Ian McKellen officiating Patrick Stewart's wedding
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 8
- Photo: BEImages/Rex USA3 of 8
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Jonathan Drake/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Wonderwall6 of 8
- Photo: JGA/ZOJ/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
By Entertainment Tonight
Yup, it's true. McKellen is literally marrying Stewart -- but not in the way it sounds. McKellen announced on the British talk show "The Jonathan Ross Show" that he will preside over his 72-year-old "X-Men" co-star's upcoming nuptials to jazz singer Sunny Ozell, 35.
McKellen and Ross covered a wide range of subjects (the whole 15-minute interview is quite entertaining; we suggest watching it if you have the time), but when the topic of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" came up, the award-winning actor announced, "I'm going to marry Patrick," resulting in some hardy chuckles from the audience until he clarified, "How else do you put that? I'm going to officiate at his wedding."
And apparently this is not the first time that McKellen, 73, has presided over a wedding: He's united another couple in the U.K., "with two guys having a civil partnership. I was crying my eyes out," he said. McKellen, added that he wore a white gown to that affair, "something I bought in India that was rather fetching. You mustn't upstage the bride."
To which Ross quickly responded, "How can you not upstage [the bride] if you're floating in like some sort of cherub?"
We're betting McKellen won't be wearing a white gown this time around, lest he have a very angry bride on his hands. Though I bet she'd be OK with him donning his Gandalf the White garb -- who wouldn't want Gandalf the White to marry them?
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite