Ian McKellen officiating Patrick Stewart's wedding
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 8
- Photo: BEImages/Rex USA3 of 8
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Jonathan Drake/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Wonderwall6 of 8
- Photo: JGA/ZOJ/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
By Entertainment Tonight
Yup, it's true. McKellen is literally marrying Stewart -- but not in the way it sounds. McKellen announced on the British talk show "The Jonathan Ross Show" that he will preside over his 72-year-old "X-Men" co-star's upcoming nuptials to jazz singer Sunny Ozell, 35.
McKellen and Ross covered a wide range of subjects (the whole 15-minute interview is quite entertaining; we suggest watching it if you have the time), but when the topic of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" came up, the award-winning actor announced, "I'm going to marry Patrick," resulting in some hardy chuckles from the audience until he clarified, "How else do you put that? I'm going to officiate at his wedding."
And apparently this is not the first time that McKellen, 73, has presided over a wedding: He's united another couple in the U.K., "with two guys having a civil partnership. I was crying my eyes out," he said. McKellen, added that he wore a white gown to that affair, "something I bought in India that was rather fetching. You mustn't upstage the bride."
To which Ross quickly responded, "How can you not upstage [the bride] if you're floating in like some sort of cherub?"
We're betting McKellen won't be wearing a white gown this time around, lest he have a very angry bride on his hands. Though I bet she'd be OK with him donning his Gandalf the White garb -- who wouldn't want Gandalf the White to marry them?
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite