Report: Cameron Douglas attacked in prison
- Photo: AP1/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Ron Galella, Ltd./WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: J. Countess/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Mark Sullivan/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: DH1/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
Michael Douglas' son Cameron is nursing a broken leg and a broken finger after he was reportedly attacked while behind bars.
RELATED: Trouble with the law
According to the New York Post, Cameron Douglas, who is currently serving time for drug charges, became a target after a New York mobster placed a $100 bounty on his head for co-operating with authorities and testifying against his two drug suppliers, illegal Mexican immigrants David and Eduardo Escalera, during their trial last year.
According to the Post, Douglas suffered the injuries in October and has undergone surgery to repair the damage he says was caused during a game of handball.
RELATED: A former Playmate is arrested
But a source suggests the troubled actor was hiding the real reason behind his injuries: "He broke his femur, which is hard to snap, and had to have a rod inserted. He told health services staff that he hurt them playing handball. You don't break a femur playing handball."
The insider adds, "They won't tolerate rats, and Cameron testified against the people who gave him the drugs."
The 34-year-old was ordered to serve five years behind bars for drug distribution and heroin possession, and last year he was handed an additional four-and-a-half-year term after he was caught smuggling heroin and Suboxone, a prescription medication used to dull the effects of opioid withdrawal, into prison.
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite