- Photo: Darrylee Cohen/Retna Ltd.1 of 13
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks4 of 13
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: AP8 of 13
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital10 of 13
- Photo: Gero Breloer/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Joel Ryan/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & BeautifulMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 4:01:48 PM
- Brad Pitt Names Jeremy Kleiner Co-President of Plan B EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 3:15:58 PM
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (VidMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:55:28 PM
- David Janollari Signs 3-Year Development Deal With NBCMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:42:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston Stages Mini 'Friends' Reunion for 'Ellen'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 1:59:12 PM
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & Beautiful
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A Southern California insurance broker was arrested Wednesday on allegations he overcharged Tom Hanks, musician Andy Summers and others hundreds of thousands of dollars for insurance premiums.
Jerry B. Goldman, who was arrested at his Thousand Oaks home, remained remain jailed Wednesday, U.S. attorney's spokesman Thom Mrozek said.
A federal grand jury in Los Angeles indicted him on Oct. 30 for fraud.
A call to his public defender, Yasmin Cader, was not immediately returned.
The indictment claims that between 1998 and last year, Goldman overcharged Hanks, Summers and two other victims more than $800,000 on insurance policies. He sent the insurance companies the premiums and kept the overcharged amount, prosecutors claim.
RELATED: Tom Hanks in drag
When clients asked him for copies of their insurance policies, Goldman sent them altered copies that didn't disclose the true premium "in order to lull his clients into a false sense of security" and keep them from suing him or seeking criminal prosecution, the indictment charged.
Details weren't released but the indictment says the term "insurance policies" in the document refers to coverage for everything from cars, property and fine art to flood, fire, earthquakes, worker's compensation and "personal employment practices liability."
Hanks and Summers were identified in the indictment as T.H. and A.S., but prosecutors confirmed their identities. The other alleged victims were identified only as M.W.H. and S.R.
Calls and emails seeking comment from representatives of Hanks and Summers were not immediately returned.
RELATED: Foxy celebs over 50
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite