Insurance broker sentenced for scamming Tom Hanks
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Russ Elliot/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: Martin Harris / Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Inivision/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Southern California insurance broker who overcharged Tom Hanks and his wife, Rita Wilson, hundreds of thousands of dollars has been sentenced to more than two years in federal prison.
City News Service says Jerry Goldman received a 27-month sentence on Monday. He also was ordered to pay about $840,000 in restitution.
Prosecutors claimed that between 1998 and 2011, Goldman inflated premiums by as much as 600 percent and created phony invoices to hide the scam.
The original indictment claimed that Goldman also bilked others including Andy Summers, the former guitarist for The Police.
The 60-year-old Thousand Oaks man pleaded guilty in April to mail fraud involving Hanks and Wilson.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMemorable Looks
From Crowd Ignite