Kyle Gass Says Jack Black Sent Him to Rehab Last Year
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Photoshot/Retna Digital3 of 16
- Photo: GRPR/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: David Goldman/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Alex Berliner/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: JG3/ZJE/Zelda/Nintendo/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: WENN13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- 'Real Housewives of NYC' Reunion: Ramona Singer Thought LuAnn de Lesseps Was a DraMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:21:00 PM
- Vin Scully Will Return for 66th Season as Los Angeles Dodgers BroadcasterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:36:00 PM
- Facebook Slapped With $123 Million Lawsuit Over 'Revenge Porn' PageMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:45:00 PM
- Brooklyn Decker, Ethan Embry Join Netflix's 'Grace & Frankie'MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:16:00 PM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)
Kyle Gass has credited his Tenacious D bandmate, Jack Black, with saving him "from the abyss" by sending him to rehab last year.
Gass admits he fell into a spiral of self-hatred and began getting high on marijuana brownies every day until Black stepped in.
Opening up about his treatment for the first time, Gass tells The Sunday Times Magazine, "I went insane last year. I had to be sent away to the loony hatch. Just rehab. I was eating large amounts of marijuana in brownies. ... Every day. I'd send my assistant to the store. We have stores where you can buy it. It's crazy. I had a desperate need to be Van Gogh or something. Some tremendous artist. Jack's so successful; what's wrong with me? Why isn't this working for me? I hated myself."
RELATED: Demi Lovato: A Year Since Rehab
The troubled star initially rejected Black's attempts to stage an intervention, but the "School of Rock" star insisted he get help and hired a private jet to fly his pal to a treatment center in Utah.
Gass adds, "Thank God we went on a private plane. I didn't want any f---ing Southwest Airlines passengers capturing it on their phones. Us hugging in the aisle, crying."
Get out the vote
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite