Jack Nicholson: I'm 'Uncomfortable' With 'Sex Legend' Rumors
- Photo: Lori Shepler/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: PF1/.2 of 16
- Photo: STICKMAN/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: Realtor.com/.4 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: JERC/MAIDANA/Bauer-Griffin6 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Amazon/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Stew Milne/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Lori Shepler/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Warner Bros. Pictures/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: OA1/SSB/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Kravitz/GettyImages.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Katherine Heigl, Mindy Kaling, Ricky Gervais Among Stars Added to Emmy Presenters ListMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 10:23:00 AM
- Beyonce, Buckets and 'Bang, Bang' 13 Things to Expect at MTV's VMAsMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 10:12:00 AM
- Geoff Stults Lands Recurring Roles on The Odd Couple, Netflix's Grace and FrankieMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 10:04:00 AM
- Artist Christo says river project at a standstillMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 10:00:52 AM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Reviews: Was This Sequel Worth the Wait or 9 Years MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 9:57:00 AM
- Katherine Heigl, Mindy Kaling, Ricky Gervais Among Stars Added to Emmy Presenters List
Jack Nicholson has long been rumored to have bedded more than 2,000 women -- a mighty feat for any man. But according to the 75-year-old actor, that number has been greatly exaggerated over the years.
"I am an extreme person. If someone says, 'Jack, you are a womanizer,' I don't deny it. But the life of a gigolo always ends badly," the Oscar winner tells U.K.'s The Sun. "That is one of the reasons I feel uncomfortable about all that 'sex legend' stuff."
"There are also women I have seen, intimately, for a very long time over my life," he adds. "Unexpected, perhaps, but true."
Nicholson -- who has enjoyed high-profile relationships with Anjelica Huston and Janice Dickinson, among others -- insists he's much more mellow than he used to be. "Anger has always been a problem, and every once in a while I just have to let it out. I always regret it later. After a couple of hours I calm down and think, 'What way could I have solved that problem other than blowing up?' I should have learned how to do that long ago and that would have made my life easier -- with less apologizing."
The "Bucket List" actor adds, "I have been in a lot of therapy over the years and have found it has helped. The therapist I use in Los Angeles says to me, 'Jack, you are one of the best patients I've ever had.' And I say, 'Why is that, Sidney?' He says. 'You usually know what your problem is, you do what I tell you and that's the end of the therapy.'"
In hindsight, Nicholson wishes he would have been a more involved parent to 48-year-old Jennifer (with ex-wife Sandra Knight), 22-year-old Lorraine and 20-year-old Raymond (with ex-girlfriend Rebecca Broussard) and 32-year-old Honey (with ex-girlfriend Winnie Hollman). (Actress Susan Anspach has said her son, Caleb Goddard, was fathered by Nicholson, but the "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" star has not confirmed her allegation.)
"I didn't see enough of my eldest daughter because I was trying to make a career," he tells The Sun. "I have a daughter, Lorraine, and a son, Raymond, with whom I was able to spend much more time."
Over the years, "The Shining" star has picked up a few words of wisdom he often imparts on his three children. "I give out advice all the time. I say, 'Do not lie, do not steal and do not be afraid.' Especially, the last one. Fear stops us doing things," the actor says. "I also say it's the things that you do not do in life that cause regret."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Jack Nicholson: I'm "Uncomfortable" With "Sex Legend" Rumors
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite