Jada Pinkett Smith on Will Smith rumors: I tell him to 'do whatever you want'
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA1 of 10
- Photo: Marcus Owen/StarTraks2 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Christian Lapid/StarTraks5 of 10
- Photo: Jada Pinkett Smith/Twitter6 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
Hey, whatever works. Jada Pinkett Smith addressed a long-standing rumor about her 16-year marriage to Will Smith in a new interview with HuffPost Live: That she and Will, 44, have an open relationship.
"No, I think that people get that idea because Will and I are very relaxed with one another," replied the actress and mother of actor-singers Willow, 12, and Jaden, 14. The 41-year-old star continued addressing the "persistent" rumor, adding, "But I've always told Will: You can do whatever you want as long as you can look at yourself in the mirror and be okay,'" she said, without going into further specifics.
"Because at the end of the day, Will is his own man," she said of the "Men in Black" star. "I'm here as his partner, but he is his own man. He has to decide who he wants to be and that's not for me to do for him," she said, adding: "Or vice versa."
The couple have battled more than one false report of an imminent divorce, most memorably in summer 2011, when the couple, who wed in 1997, slammed split rumors -- and talk that Pinkett Smith had an affair with "Hawthorn" co-star Marc Anthony during his marriage to Jennifer Lopez. "Will is my best friend," she told HuffPost Live. "He's been by my side for some of the most difficult parts of my life. You always have that for your foundation."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMarrying Kind?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite