Jada Pinkett Smith Reveals Her Secrets to a Happy Marriage
- Photo: Robert Smith/Retna Ltd.1 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: NBC3 of 13
- Photo: © Ipa Press/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Marco Piovanotto/StarTraks7 of 13
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: AKM/GSI/StarTraks12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
At the New York premiere of "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted" on Thursday, Pinkett Smith shared her tips with Us Weekly for keeping the spark alive.
"You need understanding, acceptance and compassion," the 40-year-old actress advised. "And usually you get understanding through friendship, so you need to have that."
Pinkett Smith continued, "Fifteen years! It's amazing, isn't it? When I was doing the 'Today' show, there was a couple there and they were celebrating 59 years of marriage! And I thought to myself, 'Fifteen years ain't nothing!' So it's just the beginning, really."
At Thursday's red-carpet premiere, the actress was joined by Smith, 43, and their daughter, Willow, 11."That's the whole point of having family!" the matriarch told Us.
Pinkett Smith added that she and Smith are currently "trying to figure out" their summer plans, but it's been a challenge "because the kids want to do one thing, but Mommy and Daddy want to do another thing."
One thing is certain, however: Pinkett Smith is eager to be back in the spotlight. "I'll definitely be doing more on-screen acting. My kids are older now, so they're doing them," she explained. "And now I think I have an opportunity to do a little bit more."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite