Jada Pinkett Smith Reveals Her Secrets to a Happy Marriage
- Photo: Robert Smith/Retna Ltd.1 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: NBC3 of 13
- Photo: © Ipa Press/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Marco Piovanotto/StarTraks7 of 13
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: AKM/GSI/StarTraks12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:04:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler and Husband Welcome a Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Courted for 'The Stand,' Nearing Deal for 'Gold&aMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- The Mindy Project Taps Niecy Nash as Mindy's RivalMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&
At the New York premiere of "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted" on Thursday, Pinkett Smith shared her tips with Us Weekly for keeping the spark alive.
"You need understanding, acceptance and compassion," the 40-year-old actress advised. "And usually you get understanding through friendship, so you need to have that."
Pinkett Smith continued, "Fifteen years! It's amazing, isn't it? When I was doing the 'Today' show, there was a couple there and they were celebrating 59 years of marriage! And I thought to myself, 'Fifteen years ain't nothing!' So it's just the beginning, really."
At Thursday's red-carpet premiere, the actress was joined by Smith, 43, and their daughter, Willow, 11."That's the whole point of having family!" the matriarch told Us.
Pinkett Smith added that she and Smith are currently "trying to figure out" their summer plans, but it's been a challenge "because the kids want to do one thing, but Mommy and Daddy want to do another thing."
One thing is certain, however: Pinkett Smith is eager to be back in the spotlight. "I'll definitely be doing more on-screen acting. My kids are older now, so they're doing them," she explained. "And now I think I have an opportunity to do a little bit more."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite