Jada Pinkett Smith Reveals Her Secrets to a Happy Marriage
- Photo: Robert Smith/Retna Ltd.1 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: NBC3 of 13
- Photo: © Ipa Press/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Marco Piovanotto/StarTraks7 of 13
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: AKM/GSI/StarTraks12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
At the New York premiere of "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted" on Thursday, Pinkett Smith shared her tips with Us Weekly for keeping the spark alive.
"You need understanding, acceptance and compassion," the 40-year-old actress advised. "And usually you get understanding through friendship, so you need to have that."
Pinkett Smith continued, "Fifteen years! It's amazing, isn't it? When I was doing the 'Today' show, there was a couple there and they were celebrating 59 years of marriage! And I thought to myself, 'Fifteen years ain't nothing!' So it's just the beginning, really."
At Thursday's red-carpet premiere, the actress was joined by Smith, 43, and their daughter, Willow, 11."That's the whole point of having family!" the matriarch told Us.
Pinkett Smith added that she and Smith are currently "trying to figure out" their summer plans, but it's been a challenge "because the kids want to do one thing, but Mommy and Daddy want to do another thing."
One thing is certain, however: Pinkett Smith is eager to be back in the spotlight. "I'll definitely be doing more on-screen acting. My kids are older now, so they're doing them," she explained. "And now I think I have an opportunity to do a little bit more."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite