Jada Pinkett Smith Reveals Her Secrets to a Happy Marriage
- Photo: Robert Smith/Retna Ltd.1 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: NBC3 of 13
- Photo: © Ipa Press/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Marco Piovanotto/StarTraks7 of 13
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: AKM/GSI/StarTraks12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Nas Cuts Homophobic 'Illmatic' Lyrics at Tribeca Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 8:13:00 AM
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Child Star Mara Wilson Has 'No Interest' in SeqMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 8:01:00 AM
- Seth Rogen Blows Up At Nancy Grace Over Anti-Marijuana TweetsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Gallery eyes portraits in the age of abstract artMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:37 AM
- MovieTickets.com Extends Harkins Theatres Remote Ticketing AgreementMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:00 AM
- Nas Cuts Homophobic 'Illmatic' Lyrics at Tribeca Film Festival
At the New York premiere of "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted" on Thursday, Pinkett Smith shared her tips with Us Weekly for keeping the spark alive.
"You need understanding, acceptance and compassion," the 40-year-old actress advised. "And usually you get understanding through friendship, so you need to have that."
Pinkett Smith continued, "Fifteen years! It's amazing, isn't it? When I was doing the 'Today' show, there was a couple there and they were celebrating 59 years of marriage! And I thought to myself, 'Fifteen years ain't nothing!' So it's just the beginning, really."
At Thursday's red-carpet premiere, the actress was joined by Smith, 43, and their daughter, Willow, 11."That's the whole point of having family!" the matriarch told Us.
Pinkett Smith added that she and Smith are currently "trying to figure out" their summer plans, but it's been a challenge "because the kids want to do one thing, but Mommy and Daddy want to do another thing."
One thing is certain, however: Pinkett Smith is eager to be back in the spotlight. "I'll definitely be doing more on-screen acting. My kids are older now, so they're doing them," she explained. "And now I think I have an opportunity to do a little bit more."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite