- Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Fame Pictures2 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Twitter/.4 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
By Kat Giantis
The line between celebrities and the rest of us has grown increasingly blurry thanks to the rise of social media. But there are certain boundaries that should never be crossed, and one of those is the doorway to a public restroom.
Unfortunately, Jake Gyllenhaal wasn't extended that courtesy at Friday's premiere of his action thriller "Source Code" at the SXSW Film Festival in Austin, Texas.
Seems that when the actor headed to the men's room, a guy with a camera followed him in and attempted to snap his photograph while he was taking care of business.
"Guy just tried to take Jake Gyllenhaal's picture while he was taking a leak," relayed movie writer JoBlo. "Cops came. Brouhaha ensued."
Tweeted Cinematical's Erik Davis, "Gyllenhaal apparently grabbed the dude mid-photo, threw him against the wall and was like, 'Are we really gonna do this right now?'"
(And in that single defensive act of machismo, we've suddenly forgiven Jake for his ill-considered wooing of Taylor Swift.)
TMZ, however, says that the actor merely talked to the bathroom snapper, who ended up deleting the picture.
Gyllenhaal confirmed the uncomfortably close encounter during a sit-down with Entertainment Weekly.
When asked about reports of the "heated scuffle" in the bathroom, Jake acknowledged, "That's true. I think it's an appropriate space to keep privacy. I hope that people wouldn't disagree with me on that."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite