Jake Gyllenhaal, model Alyssa Miller break up after six months of dating
- Photo: Wylde/Splash News1 of 12
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: AO1/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: AB1/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: MPNC/GSI6 of 12
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: Andy Kropa/Invision/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: PN2/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Walt Disney Pictures/.11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:23:00 AM
- Starz' 'Outlander' brings novels to life vibrantlyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:01:52 AM
- New Mexico city OKs funds to lure 'The Bachelor'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:44:42 AM
- Veteran TV Producer Robert Halmi Sr. Dies at 90MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:28:00 AM
- NBA ref Violet Palmer to marry longtime partnerMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:24:27 AM
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'
"They fizzled out. It happened a while ago -- before the holidays," one insider tells Us. "He's back on the scene." (Lainey Gossip posted a story speculating Gyllenhaal's now-confirmed single status on Tuesday afternoon.)
"Things were really good between Jake and Alyssa right up until he had to leave for L.A. to go shoot a movie ['Nightcrawler'] in the fall," adds another source. "Then the distance just really got to them."
Indeed, the handsome actor, 33, has been busy filming upcoming thriller, "Nightcrawler," in which he plays a struggling, freelance crime reporter who comes across the underground world of L.A.
Another source tells Us that Gyllenhaal "was very taken with [Miller], but I think their work definitely drew them apart."
The big chill occurred before the holiday season. "They were apart for the holidays, and things weren't good with them even before that," a source says. "She's very much a long-term relationship girl. He's not as much of that mindset."
Miller, 24, opened up to Us in late October about her relationship with the hunk. "Things are good," she said then. (As Us Weekly exclusively revealed, the couple started dating in June after they first met at their gym.)
Gyllenhaal has a long history of dating gorgeous stars: His exes include Taylor Swift, whom he briefly dated in late 2010, Kirsten Dunst, his girlfriend from 2002 to 2004, and Reese Witherspoon, his last longterm relationship, which ended in 2009. "I know people are bummed, because many thought he had a chance this time," an insider tells Us of the actor's latest split.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite