Jake Gyllenhaal, model Alyssa Miller break up after six months of dating
- Photo: Wylde/Splash News1 of 12
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: AO1/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: AB1/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: MPNC/GSI6 of 12
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: Andy Kropa/Invision/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: PN2/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Walt Disney Pictures/.11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
"They fizzled out. It happened a while ago -- before the holidays," one insider tells Us. "He's back on the scene." (Lainey Gossip posted a story speculating Gyllenhaal's now-confirmed single status on Tuesday afternoon.)
"Things were really good between Jake and Alyssa right up until he had to leave for L.A. to go shoot a movie ['Nightcrawler'] in the fall," adds another source. "Then the distance just really got to them."
Indeed, the handsome actor, 33, has been busy filming upcoming thriller, "Nightcrawler," in which he plays a struggling, freelance crime reporter who comes across the underground world of L.A.
Another source tells Us that Gyllenhaal "was very taken with [Miller], but I think their work definitely drew them apart."
The big chill occurred before the holiday season. "They were apart for the holidays, and things weren't good with them even before that," a source says. "She's very much a long-term relationship girl. He's not as much of that mindset."
Miller, 24, opened up to Us in late October about her relationship with the hunk. "Things are good," she said then. (As Us Weekly exclusively revealed, the couple started dating in June after they first met at their gym.)
Gyllenhaal has a long history of dating gorgeous stars: His exes include Taylor Swift, whom he briefly dated in late 2010, Kirsten Dunst, his girlfriend from 2002 to 2004, and Reese Witherspoon, his last longterm relationship, which ended in 2009. "I know people are bummed, because many thought he had a chance this time," an insider tells Us of the actor's latest split.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite