- Photo: Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: USMagazine4 of 6
- Photo: USMagazine5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action seriesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:48:47 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:22 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:52 PM
- Made in America music festival rocks Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:43 PM
- 'Escape From New York' Reboot Following 'Group' Thinking of &MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Joan Rivers Has Been Put on Life SupportMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
By Kat Giantis
After an Olympic-level flirt-fest at the Golden Globes, Jake Gyllenhaal somehow found the energy to pack up the emotional baggage left over from his romance with Taylor Swift and hop on a plane.
But was it closure or reconciliation that brought Swiftenhaal back together? Based on their dinner demeanor, we're leaning toward the former, but your guess is as good as ours.
"They were cordial to one another," says a spy, "but not affectionate."
Observes another onlooker, "There was no holding hands, but they seemed happy together. They sat next to the fireplace just chatting away."
No word on whether Jake, 30, spent the meal trying to persuade Taylor, 21, to split any royalties she'll receive from her inevitable hit song about their brief, caffeine-fueled and kinda awkward romance.
The rendezvous comes less than a month after the actor abruptly kicked the confessional crooner to the curb.
Word is, he ended the two-month relationship over the phone, ostensibly because he was "uncomfortable" with the attention they received.
Of course, Gyllenhaal didn't seem all that worried about the spotlight as he mixed and mingled with high-profile types while making the Globes scene.
RELATED: Who was Jake's Globes date?
According to Us, he was generous with his flirtations, laying the full brunt of his boyish charms on Mila Kunis, Scarlett Johansson, Maria Menounos and his "Brokeback Mountain" co-star Michelle Williams.
Meanwhile, Jake has denied reports that he's hooking up with Camilla Belle, a supposedly "cruel rebound" that In Touch claims has left Swift feeling "stabbed in the heart" (you'll recall that Camilla dated Joe Jonas after he dumped Taylor, also over the phone).
Swift's purportedly perforated ticker doesn't seem to be slowing her down. She's set to perform Friday on a cruise ship (did she become a cash-poor "American Idol" also-ran when we weren't looking?) before kicking off the Asian segment of her tour on Feb. 9.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite