James Cameron snaps up land in New Zealand
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Mark Thiessen/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Photoshot/Retna Ltd.3 of 9
- Photo: Wonderwall4 of 9
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com6 of 9
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/GettyImages.com7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential ReplacementsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:05:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out as GayMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- What Happened When the Cameras Went Off? Bachelor's Chris Harrison Spills on the Tense FinaMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 1:47:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential Replacements
Director James Cameron has purchased a patch of untouched land in New Zealand for $16 million.
The area, which features a freshwater lake teeming with eels, contains 2,500 acres of farmland in Pounui Ridge, where Cameron and his family hope to grow several crops.
The "Titanic" moviemaker plans to settle down there in the fall and eventually begin work on the upcoming "Avatar" sequels, which will be filmed at Peter Jackson's studios, where the "Lord of the Rings" films were completed.
But Cameron insists his fellow pal has nothing to worry about, telling the New York Times, "I'm not there to compete with Peter."
And the Oscar winner, who first grew attached to the country while plotting an expedition to Antarctica from South Island nearly two decades ago, insists he is even considering applying for citizenship, adding, "I've felt an attachment to the place since 1994."
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite