James Franco asks judge to toss university legal spat
- Photo: Andrew Medichini/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: PX1/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Details6 of 16
- Photo: LS2/HSS/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Jack Dempsey/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: James Coldrey/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: BRJ/Fame Flynet13 of 16
- Photo: BRJ/FameFlynet Pictures/Fame Flynet14 of 16
- Photo: Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Christopher Walken, Giancarlo Esposito Join Jon Favreau's 'Jungle Book'MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:58:00 AM
- 'Glee' Star Lea Michele to Guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:30:00 AM
- Sarah Palin Channel Mocked on Twitter With Terrible Ideas for TV ShowsMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:19:00 AM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Says Working With Kiefer Sutherland on '24' Was a NightmareMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:11:00 AM
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:08:00 AM
- Christopher Walken, Giancarlo Esposito Join Jon Favreau's 'Jungle Book'
James Franco is asking a judge to toss a lawsuit filed against him by a former New York University professor who sued the actor for calling him a "bad teacher."
RELATED: Best TMI Tweets
Jose Angel Santana filed a defamation lawsuit against the "127 Hours" star in September, claiming he made "disparaging and inaccurate public statements" against him after receiving a poor grade in his class. Santana requested a default judgment in his favor after the actor allegedly failed to respond, but now Franco has hit back, insisting he was never properly served with the lawsuit.
RELATED: 2013 Hottest Oscar Couples
In newly filed legal documents, obtained by TMZ.com, Franco argues Santana's request for a default judgment should be dismissed. He also maintains the entire case should be thrown out because his comments are protected by his right to free speech.
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite