James Franco asks judge to toss university legal spat
- Photo: Andrew Medichini/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: PX1/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Details6 of 16
- Photo: LS2/HSS/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Jack Dempsey/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: James Coldrey/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: BRJ/Fame Flynet13 of 16
- Photo: BRJ/FameFlynet Pictures/Fame Flynet14 of 16
- Photo: Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
James Franco is asking a judge to toss a lawsuit filed against him by a former New York University professor who sued the actor for calling him a "bad teacher."
RELATED: Best TMI Tweets
Jose Angel Santana filed a defamation lawsuit against the "127 Hours" star in September, claiming he made "disparaging and inaccurate public statements" against him after receiving a poor grade in his class. Santana requested a default judgment in his favor after the actor allegedly failed to respond, but now Franco has hit back, insisting he was never properly served with the lawsuit.
RELATED: 2013 Hottest Oscar Couples
In newly filed legal documents, obtained by TMZ.com, Franco argues Santana's request for a default judgment should be dismissed. He also maintains the entire case should be thrown out because his comments are protected by his right to free speech.
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite