James Franco asks judge to toss university legal spat
- Photo: Andrew Medichini/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: PX1/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Details6 of 16
- Photo: LS2/HSS/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Jack Dempsey/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: James Coldrey/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: BRJ/Fame Flynet13 of 16
- Photo: BRJ/FameFlynet Pictures/Fame Flynet14 of 16
- Photo: Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Earnings: Comcast Beats Profit Estimates, But NBCU Films DownMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 6:33:00 AM
- GLAAD Finds Painfully Low LGBT Representation in 2013 Films, Gives Two Studios Failing GradesMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:00:00 AM
- 12 Comic-Con Stars and Showrunners Share Insider Tips; Pick Convention Must-Dos and Don't MMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 2:00:00 AM
- CBS Films Exec Shakeup: Terry Press Assumes Top Leadership Role, Wolfgang Hammer OutMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 1:22:00 AM
- Woody Allen Talks His Life and Career in First Podcast AppearanceMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 12:12:00 AM
- Earnings: Comcast Beats Profit Estimates, But NBCU Films Down
James Franco is asking a judge to toss a lawsuit filed against him by a former New York University professor who sued the actor for calling him a "bad teacher."
RELATED: Best TMI Tweets
Jose Angel Santana filed a defamation lawsuit against the "127 Hours" star in September, claiming he made "disparaging and inaccurate public statements" against him after receiving a poor grade in his class. Santana requested a default judgment in his favor after the actor allegedly failed to respond, but now Franco has hit back, insisting he was never properly served with the lawsuit.
RELATED: 2013 Hottest Oscar Couples
In newly filed legal documents, obtained by TMZ.com, Franco argues Santana's request for a default judgment should be dismissed. He also maintains the entire case should be thrown out because his comments are protected by his right to free speech.
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite