James Franco embroiled in university lawsuit
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Marion Curtis/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Comi-Dalle Luche/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Armando Gallo/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Flaunt/Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Gucci/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/NBC/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Golden Globes Nominees Include 'American Hustle,' 'Her,' &apMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 5:44:10 AM
- Palm Springs Fest Adds Canadian Films, 45 Foreign Oscar ContendersMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 5:11:13 AM
- 'X Factor' Semifinal Borrows From NBC's 'The Voice' (ViMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 12:31:33 AM
- Hollywood Forced to Invest Heavily in New Technology to Keep Up With DemandMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 9:01:09 PM
- Britney Spears Suffers Worst Album Debut Ever With 'Britney Jean'MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 6:45:32 PM
- Golden Globes Nominees Include 'American Hustle,' 'Her,' &ap
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Studious actor James Franco has been dragged into a legal battle over allegations that a teacher at his university was sacked after giving the star a bad grade.
Jose Angel Santana, who taught the "Spider-Man" actor at New York University, has filed a lawsuit against the institution, claiming he was unfairly dismissed from his teaching job.
The 58-year-old alleges his firing came not long after he handed the Oscar nominee a D grade for allegedly missing some of his classes.
He tells the New York Post, "The school has bent over backwards to create a Franco-friendly environment, that's for sure. The university has done everything in its power to curry favor with James Franco ... In my opinion, they've turned the NYU graduate film degree into swag for James Franco's purposes, a possession, something you can buy."
RELATED: Franco Drops Trou in Flaunt Magazine
Santana has filed legal papers at Manhattan Supreme Court in New York in a bid to win his job back.
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite