James Franco embroiled in university lawsuit
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Marion Curtis/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Comi-Dalle Luche/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Armando Gallo/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Flaunt/Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Gucci/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/NBC/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Studious actor James Franco has been dragged into a legal battle over allegations that a teacher at his university was sacked after giving the star a bad grade.
Jose Angel Santana, who taught the "Spider-Man" actor at New York University, has filed a lawsuit against the institution, claiming he was unfairly dismissed from his teaching job.
The 58-year-old alleges his firing came not long after he handed the Oscar nominee a D grade for allegedly missing some of his classes.
He tells the New York Post, "The school has bent over backwards to create a Franco-friendly environment, that's for sure. The university has done everything in its power to curry favor with James Franco ... In my opinion, they've turned the NYU graduate film degree into swag for James Franco's purposes, a possession, something you can buy."
RELATED: Franco Drops Trou in Flaunt Magazine
Santana has filed legal papers at Manhattan Supreme Court in New York in a bid to win his job back.
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite