James Franco embroiled in university lawsuit
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Marion Curtis/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Comi-Dalle Luche/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Armando Gallo/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Flaunt/Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Gucci/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/NBC/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Studious actor James Franco has been dragged into a legal battle over allegations that a teacher at his university was sacked after giving the star a bad grade.
Jose Angel Santana, who taught the "Spider-Man" actor at New York University, has filed a lawsuit against the institution, claiming he was unfairly dismissed from his teaching job.
The 58-year-old alleges his firing came not long after he handed the Oscar nominee a D grade for allegedly missing some of his classes.
He tells the New York Post, "The school has bent over backwards to create a Franco-friendly environment, that's for sure. The university has done everything in its power to curry favor with James Franco ... In my opinion, they've turned the NYU graduate film degree into swag for James Franco's purposes, a possession, something you can buy."
RELATED: Franco Drops Trou in Flaunt Magazine
Santana has filed legal papers at Manhattan Supreme Court in New York in a bid to win his job back.
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite