James Franco embroiled in university lawsuit
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Marion Curtis/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Comi-Dalle Luche/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Armando Gallo/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Flaunt/Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Gucci/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/NBC/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- First Look at Colton Haynes' Superhero Alter Ego on 'Arrow' (Photo)MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:22:00 PM
- Alicia Keys to Mentor Pharrell Williams' Team on 'The Voice'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:11:00 PM
- CW Pulls 'Seed,' 'Backpackers' From ScheduleMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:03:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Studious actor James Franco has been dragged into a legal battle over allegations that a teacher at his university was sacked after giving the star a bad grade.
Jose Angel Santana, who taught the "Spider-Man" actor at New York University, has filed a lawsuit against the institution, claiming he was unfairly dismissed from his teaching job.
The 58-year-old alleges his firing came not long after he handed the Oscar nominee a D grade for allegedly missing some of his classes.
He tells the New York Post, "The school has bent over backwards to create a Franco-friendly environment, that's for sure. The university has done everything in its power to curry favor with James Franco ... In my opinion, they've turned the NYU graduate film degree into swag for James Franco's purposes, a possession, something you can buy."
RELATED: Franco Drops Trou in Flaunt Magazine
Santana has filed legal papers at Manhattan Supreme Court in New York in a bid to win his job back.
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite