James Franco Snubs His Own Party After Bombing at Oscars
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Jennifer Buhl/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 6
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: ABC/Promotional4 of 6
- Photo: Sebastian Willnow/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Morgan Freeman, Diane Keaton Comedy 'Ruth & Alex' Lands at Focus WorldMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Google, NewsCorp Slapped With Lawsuit Over MySpace SaleMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:17:00 PM
- 'Friday Night Lights' Zach Gilford, 'Desperate Housewives' JonatMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Joan Rivers' Selfie-Snapping Doctor Revealed as Throat Specialist to the Stars (Reports)MSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Iggy Azalea Sues Her Ex-Boyfriend for Alleged Song Theft, ForgeryMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 3:59:00 PM
- Morgan Freeman, Diane Keaton Comedy 'Ruth & Alex' Lands at Focus World
James Franco couldn't wait to get out of there.
After the star severely disappointed many fans and critics as co-host of Sunday's Academy Awards, Franco bailed on his own after-party, held at L.A.'s Supper Club.
While a few stars -- Seth Rogen, Kevin Spacey and stars of the CW's "90210" showed up -- Franco, 32, was a no-show, a source confirms to UsMagazine.com.
The Supper Club bash, the insider adds, was a "bust."
Indeed, Franco immediately boarded an New York-bound plane following the ceremony -- posting pics from his brand-new Twitter account.
"Goodbye L.A.," he scrawled across one pic, in which the "127 Hours" actor, still in a tux, sips what appears to be a Bloody Mary. "It was fun! Time to head back to class."
(The multi-tasking hunk is famously a student at both NYU and Yale.)
Sniped The Hollywood Reporter of Franco's stint co-hosting alongside Anne Hathaway: "The 83rd Annual Academy Awards will likely be remembered as the night James Franco couldn't act like a host ... Anne Hathaway at least tried to sing and dance and preen along to the goings on, but Franco seemed distant, uninterested and content to keep his Cheshire-cat-meets-smug smile on display throughout."
Complaining that Franco and Hathaway suffered from an "absence of chemistry," the New York Times said: "Mr. Franco looked a little distracted and even blase -- not surprisingly for a multiplatform performer-writer who is working on an English doctorate at Yale."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite