James Franco Snubs His Own Party After Bombing at OscarsRelated: Anne Hathaway, James Franco
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Jennifer Buhl/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 6
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: ABC/Promotional4 of 6
- Photo: Sebastian Willnow/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Aviva Drescher Signs on to 'Real Housewives of New York' (Again)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:41:10 PM
- Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell React to Mentor Mike Darnell's Fox Exit MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:34:30 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box Office
James Franco couldn't wait to get out of there.
After the star severely disappointed many fans and critics as co-host of Sunday's Academy Awards, Franco bailed on his own after-party, held at L.A.'s Supper Club.
While a few stars -- Seth Rogen, Kevin Spacey and stars of the CW's "90210" showed up -- Franco, 32, was a no-show, a source confirms to UsMagazine.com.
The Supper Club bash, the insider adds, was a "bust."
Indeed, Franco immediately boarded an New York-bound plane following the ceremony -- posting pics from his brand-new Twitter account.
"Goodbye L.A.," he scrawled across one pic, in which the "127 Hours" actor, still in a tux, sips what appears to be a Bloody Mary. "It was fun! Time to head back to class."
(The multi-tasking hunk is famously a student at both NYU and Yale.)
Sniped The Hollywood Reporter of Franco's stint co-hosting alongside Anne Hathaway: "The 83rd Annual Academy Awards will likely be remembered as the night James Franco couldn't act like a host ... Anne Hathaway at least tried to sing and dance and preen along to the goings on, but Franco seemed distant, uninterested and content to keep his Cheshire-cat-meets-smug smile on display throughout."
Complaining that Franco and Hathaway suffered from an "absence of chemistry," the New York Times said: "Mr. Franco looked a little distracted and even blase -- not surprisingly for a multiplatform performer-writer who is working on an English doctorate at Yale."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite