James Gandolfini's college pal stunned by will generosity
- Photo: Facebook/Last Chance Animal Rescue/.1 of 13
- Photo: Patrick McMullan/.2 of 13
- Photo: FRIOLO, MRM, Bryan/NPG3 of 13
- Photo: Roscoe/Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: Splash News5 of 13
- Photo: HBO/Rex USA6 of 13
- Photo: DAVE ALLOCCA/StarTraks7 of 13
- Photo: Jill Connelly/Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.11 of 13
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
James Gandolfini's college friend was stunned to learn his late pal had left him $50,000 in his will to help him take care of his autistic son.
RELATED: The royal couple's favorite sports
"The Sopranos" star, who suffered a fatal heart attack in Rome in June, bequeathed the bulk of his estimated $70 million fortune to his 13-year-old son Michael, but he made sure his circle of close friends were also well looked after, and Doug Katz is in awe of the actor's generosity.
Katz was notified of the gift by Gandolfini's widow, Deborah Lin, and he plans to put the money in a trust fund for his 12-year-old son Andrew, who has autism.
He tells the New York Post, "I was shocked. He's my son's guardian angel."
Katz, who was Gandolfini's roommate during their time at Rutgers University in New Jersey, reveals that the actor was always looking out for Andrew.
Katz says, "He got him nutritional supplements, anything Andrew needed to help him lead a better life. Jim sponsored gymnastics for my son. He always said, 'How can we help? How can we make it better?' And none of it was lip service. "I'd rather have Jim alive than his money. You could never meet a nicer guy in the world."
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite