Jamie Foxx: "If it had been my daughter... Polanski would be missing"Related: Jamie Foxx
- Photo: Kiley Bishop/Retna Ltd.1 of 10
- Photo: Sozufe Adeleri/Retna Ltd.2 of 10
- Photo: Shea Walsh/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP4 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Gary Lewis/Retna Digital6 of 10
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 10
- Photo: Al Powers/Retna Digital9 of 10
More Celeb News
- MTV's 'Teen Wolf' Star Dylan O'Brien Eyed for DreamWorks&apoMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:48:07 PM
- Review: Spirited, sexy version of 'Master Builder'MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:42:37 PM
- Lease to Broadway's biggest theater soldMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:31:38 PM
- Blossoming VOD Service Viewster Adds BBC's 'Skins,' Starz and Shine ProgrMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:26:11 PM
- Ray Manzarek Death: 5 Must-See Performances (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:23:37 PM
- MTV's 'Teen Wolf' Star Dylan O'Brien Eyed for DreamWorks&apo
By Melissa Hunter
Jamie Foxx stars in the new dramatic film "Law Abiding Citizen" opposite Gerard Butler, so it was only natural that he's the go-to guy for advice on Hollywood's legal matters.
Parade sat down with Jamie for their latest issue and the mag asked his opinions on Roman Polanski. He strayed from many of the entertainment industry's Polanski sympathizers saying, "If it had been my daughter who was barely a teenager -- my daughter is 15 -- Roman Polanski would be missing. Period. It wouldn't even get to the court case."
And while his PR reps bang their heads repeatedly against a wall, lets moves on to a lighter note, like his R&B career.
He explains that he has trouble keeping up with what the kids listen to these days. Apparently there's this thing called auto-tune that's all the rage. He says, "If you want to be on the radio you got to stay young. My daughter always goes, 'Dad you sound old. You sound 50. Why don't you have a machine on your voice? They're not going to like that. You gotta sound young.' Then when she heard me sing 'Blame It,' she went, 'That's it. That's real music.'"
You know you've got a real hit when your teenage daughter thinks your music is cool. He explains his passion for the genre, saying, "When you sing R&B songs in front of an audience, you look out and there's 85 percent women. I think R&B music is sort of designed for a man singing to a woman. I don't sing it like the sexy thing, but sort of pseudo-sexy. We rally the women together because it's about being independent and things like that."
While I don't totally understand what point he's driving at with that quote, the fact that he used the phrase "sort of pseudo-sexy" make him all right in my book.
But with all great fame, comes great responsibility. Kinda sorta. He explains the great dangers of success. Those dangers lie in the dark shadows (and blogs) of the Interwebs. Foxx says, "If you're somewhat successful, you can keep on doing your thing. But don't get caught out there looking goofy. It's weird. When you do something that stinks, it's going to last forever on the Internet. There's always someone in the audience with a camera phone and if you're not 100 percent, you're going to be watching yourself on YouTube."
One should also be careful when emailing *ahem* intimate pictures of oneself on the Internet when one happens to be a major movie star. Though turns out Foxx isn't too embarrassed about the nude photo that leaked of him last month. In fact, one might say he's proud of his, um, physique. NSFW? NBD.
So there you have it -- all you ever wanted to know about Jamie Foxx's thoughts on sexual predators, nude photos and R&B.
More on Parade:
More on Wonderwall:
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite