Jane Fonda Regrets Missile Launcher Picture
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Joe Kohen/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage4 of 14
- Photo: .5 of 14
- Photo: INB/WENN6 of 14
- Photo: KB4/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN8 of 14
- Photo: Lennox McLendon/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: VPB/WENN10 of 14
- Photo: JBD/ZJE/http://www.wenn.com/11 of 14
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP12 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com13 of 14
More Celeb News
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novelMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:50:09 AM
- Jackie Chan expressed shame over son's drug arrestMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:42:39 AM
- Turner Plans Organizational Restructuring in Next Two MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 9:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Premiere to Feature Live 3D Red Carpet BroadcastMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 8:40:00 PM
- NFL's Super Bowl Halftime Show to Katy Perry, Rihanna and Coldplay: Show Me the Money!MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 7:25:00 PM
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novel
Jane Fonda will always regret the controversial 1972 photograph showing her sitting on a missile launcher aimed at U.S. soldiers, insisting she has "paid heavily" for the infamous image.
The veteran actress caused outrage in the U.S. and earned the nickname 'Hanoi Jane' when she was snapped sitting on an anti-aircraft battery in Hanoi during the Vietnam War.
RELATED: Best Celeb Oops! Moments
Fonda admits the backlash hit her hard and has affected her ever since, and she will always chastise herself for the image.
RELATED: Celeb Protesters
She tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "In 1972 I was photographed, laughing, sitting on a North Vietnamese missile launcher aimed at American soldiers, without realizing what I was doing. I paid heavily for that mistake, and am still criticized for it. I'll go to my grave with regrets about that picture."
RELATED: Fabulous Over 50
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMemorable Looks
From Crowd Ignite