Janeane Garofalo married for 20 years without knowing it
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Barry Brecheisen/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: E PABLO KOSMICKI/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Touchstone Pictures/Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Eureka Pictures/Promotional5 of 6
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Actress/comedienne Janeane Garofalo was married for 20 years without knowing it after drunkenly tying the knot in Las Vegas with a boyfriend in the 1990s.
RELATED: Stars Who Wed in Vegas
The "West Wing" star exchanged vows with "The Big Bang Theory" producer Rob Cohen at a drive-through chapel two decades ago in Sin City, but they didn't realize the wedding was for real until the TV executive started making plans to marry his new fiancee.
RELATED: What Happens in Vegas ...
The pair's divorce finally came through on Saturday, shortly before they met up at the New York Comedy Festival as part of a reunion of workers on "The Ben Stiller Show," the actor's 1990s comedy sketch series.
Garofalo tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "Rob and I got married, for real, which we had to have a notary dissolve [it] not 30 minutes before we got here tonight. We were married for 20 years until this evening ... We got married drunk in Vegas... We dated for a
year and we got married at a drive-through chapel in a cab. [We thought] you have to go down to the courthouse and sign papers and stuff, so who knew? We were married, and apparently now that [Rob] is getting married for real, his lawyer dug up something."
Cohen is engaged to Jill Leiderman, a producer on "Jimmy Kimmel Live."
Where Are They?
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite