Jason Biggs defends tweeting ways
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 8
- Photo: API/Fame Flynet2 of 8
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage3 of 8
- Photo: Imago/Unimedia/Retna Ltd.4 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks5 of 8
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage6 of 8
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy ProjectMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:21:00 PM
- 'Space Station 76' Review: Liv Tyler and Matt Bomer Find Lust in Space in This ParMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:15:00 PM
- 'Black Jesus' Star Andra Fuller to Play Sabers Owner's Son on BET&apoMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Bill Maher's 'Live From DC' Is HBO's Most-Watched Comedy SpecialMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Netflix's 'Daredevil' Casts 'Bourne' Star Scott GlennMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy Project
NEW YORK (AP) -- Jason Biggs is brushing off criticism he received during the recent election season for vulgar tweets that referenced the wives of both Republican Mitt Romney and his running mate in the presidential race, Paul Ryan.
RELATED: Jason Biggs on Twitter
The "American Pie" star took heat for off-color comments posted to his Twitter feed at the time of the Republican National Convention in August. The outpouring of criticism from parents groups, pundits and others led Nickelodeon to issue an apology for the actor's comments on the social media website. Biggs is providing one of the voices in the cable TV station's new animated series "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."
"I made a political tweet, so I got a little bit of heat from the right," he said.
With elections over, Biggs says he's moving on.
He appeared Monday night in New York at the annual 24 Hour Plays event, which was sponsored by luxury pen-maker Montblanc to benefit the Urban Arts Partnership. The benefit draws more than two dozen actors who write, rehearse, and perform one of six plays that they began working on the night before.
Biggs' tweets have also poked fun at the Kardashians, Amanda Bynes, Lindsay Lohan and the ABC show "The Bachelorette."
"I'm more afraid of the Kardashians, than I am of the Republicans," he said.
He said he sees Twitter as an extension of the darker side of his humor.
As a three-time performer in 24 Hour Plays benefit, Biggs says he's grown to feel more comfortable with the process.
"It's a little easier. But it's still nerve-racking, man."
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Vacations
From Crowd Ignite