Jen Aniston's Team "Went Ballistic" After Brad Pitt Insult
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Ben Margot/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: StClair/Massie/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Ben Margot/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: SI/Promotional6 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: MKAA/ZDS/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: JAN BAUER/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: J. Vespa/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Alan Thicke Reality Sitcom to Get 14-Episode Run on TV Guide NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:56:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex' Casts Keke Palmer for Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:52:00 AM
- Neil Young Shatters Pono Music Kickstarter Goal in One DayMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:41:00 AM
- Biblical Scholar on 'Noah' Script: 'Anti-Human, Pro-Environmental PolemicMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:39:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More Seasons
Brad Pitt made a big-time boo-boo.
He's garnering Oscar buzz for his role in Moneyball, but Angelina Jolie's man sparked a public relations catastrophe last week -- all for a Parade interview in which he casually slammed his five-year marriage to Jennifer Aniston, which ended in 2005.
(In the interview released Sept. 15, Pitt, 47, sniffed that he "wasn't living an interesting life" before Jolie, and that he was "trying to pretend my marriage was something that it wasn't.")
And, yes, his 42-year-old ex-wife got wind of the catty comment. "She was annoyed," a pal close to the Horrible Bosses actress tells the new Us Weekly, out now. "She thought it was rude and inappropriate."
Team Aniston -- her agent and publicists -- "went ballistic," a Pitt insider reveals, and angrily reached out to Pitt's camp.
"They got his team involved and Brad was read the riot act -- the only way you can read the riot act to Brad Pitt," the source says.
Within 24 hours, Pitt had surprisingly released a statement lamenting that his words were misinterpreted, and that his former love "is an incredibly giving, loving and hilarious woman."
Still, the Pitt source says, "no one believes his words were taken out of context -- he said what he said. I do hear that he's remorseful."
And although Pitt is clearly blissed out with Jolie, 36, and their six kids, "We think he's jealous she's in love," the source says.
Indeed, Aniston hasn't let her ex's harsh words get in the way of her hot romance with Justin Theroux, with whom she's now spending time with in NYC. "Justin's The One!" an Aniston pal says.
For much more on Pitt and Aniston's unexpected new war -- and how Pitt and Jolie "make fun of" her -- pick up the new Us Weekly, out now!
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite