Jennifer Garner: I'm Always Breast-feeding and Rarely ActingRelated: Jennifer Garner
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: DAVE PROCTOR/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP3 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet6 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Bunny/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: DAE/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: DAE/ZOJ/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'New Girl's' Max Greenfield Confirms He's Returning for &apoMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:51:14 PM
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' to Be Directed by Sam Taylor-JohnsonMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:38:59 PM
- Sam Taylor-Johnson to direct 'Fifty Shades of Grey' MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:38:59 PM
- 'Ender's Game' Producer Linda McDonough Exits OddLot Entertainment to ProMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:33:32 PM
- Has Jay-Z's 'Magna Carta Holy Grail' Album Gone Platinum Before Its ReleaMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:33:15 PM
- 'New Girl's' Max Greenfield Confirms He's Returning for &apo
Jennifer Garner has been relatively quiet since the Feb. 27 birth of her son Samuel, but that changed on Thursday when she accepted the Female Star of the Year award at CinemaCon in Las Vegas.
"I told my mom the other day I was getting this award .... and I was excited and feeling proud and thought she was going to be proud, and then there was this pause on the other end of the line," a beaming Garner, 40, said during her acceptance speech. "She said, 'Jennifer, do these people know you haven't worked in the last year?' I said, 'Yeah, I feel they probably know what I've been up to. I haven't stepped foot on a set. You are correct, mom.'"
Garner continued: "She said, 'Can they take this back? Because every time I talk to you, you are breast-feeding, you are running car pool, you are on the library committee -- you are not acting!' I said it's not all about the now, it's things you've done in the past or in the future, and she was like, 'Honey, you have a weird job.'"
The "Odd Life of Timothy Green" actress, who showed off her impressive post-baby body in a slimming black Michael Kors dress, also thanked her husband Ben Affleck, 39, "for taking over drop-offs and pick-ups and bedtime so I could make it."
"And thanks for making me feel like maybe someday I will get to relax in a hair and makeup chair again and leave the maniacs at home with you!"
Garner and Affleck, who wed in June 2005, are also parents to daughters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
- Fashion Offenders for June 14, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for June 6, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 31, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 24, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for May 17, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 10, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 3, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 26, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 19, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 12, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 5, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for March 29, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 22, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 15, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 8, 2013
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite