Jennifer Garner: I'm Always Breast-feeding and Rarely Acting
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: DAVE PROCTOR/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet6 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Bunny/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: DAE/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: DAE/ZOJ/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Nicki Minaj Welcome at This NY High School, After Alma Mater Rejects HerMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Ashley Judd Has Tough Couple of Weekends at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:47:00 PM
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Claims She Was Detained by LAPD, Mistaken for ProstitutMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:36:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars' Julianne Hough: "I Might Be Even Harder on Derek"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 1:34:00 PM
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"
Jennifer Garner has been relatively quiet since the Feb. 27 birth of her son Samuel, but that changed on Thursday when she accepted the Female Star of the Year award at CinemaCon in Las Vegas.
"I told my mom the other day I was getting this award .... and I was excited and feeling proud and thought she was going to be proud, and then there was this pause on the other end of the line," a beaming Garner, 40, said during her acceptance speech. "She said, 'Jennifer, do these people know you haven't worked in the last year?' I said, 'Yeah, I feel they probably know what I've been up to. I haven't stepped foot on a set. You are correct, mom.'"
Garner continued: "She said, 'Can they take this back? Because every time I talk to you, you are breast-feeding, you are running car pool, you are on the library committee -- you are not acting!' I said it's not all about the now, it's things you've done in the past or in the future, and she was like, 'Honey, you have a weird job.'"
The "Odd Life of Timothy Green" actress, who showed off her impressive post-baby body in a slimming black Michael Kors dress, also thanked her husband Ben Affleck, 39, "for taking over drop-offs and pick-ups and bedtime so I could make it."
"And thanks for making me feel like maybe someday I will get to relax in a hair and makeup chair again and leave the maniacs at home with you!"
Garner and Affleck, who wed in June 2005, are also parents to daughters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Feeling Great'
From Crowd Ignite