Jennifer Garner: I'm Always Breast-feeding and Rarely Acting
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: DAVE PROCTOR/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet6 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Bunny/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: DAE/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: DAE/ZOJ/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- AP Top Entertainment News At 5:38 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:38:29 AM
- 'Hercules' Review: Dwayne Johnson in an Epic That Never Feels EpicMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:02:00 AM
- Jennifer Lopez, Afrojack, Usher, and KISS Say Yes to CBS's Revived 'Fashion Rocks&MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:46:00 PM
- Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox Reaches Deal With BSkyB for European Pay TV CompaniesMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:23:00 PM
- 'Community' Season 6 on Yahoo TV Coming 'After Christmas' and NoMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 9:47:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 5:38 a.m. EDT
Jennifer Garner has been relatively quiet since the Feb. 27 birth of her son Samuel, but that changed on Thursday when she accepted the Female Star of the Year award at CinemaCon in Las Vegas.
"I told my mom the other day I was getting this award .... and I was excited and feeling proud and thought she was going to be proud, and then there was this pause on the other end of the line," a beaming Garner, 40, said during her acceptance speech. "She said, 'Jennifer, do these people know you haven't worked in the last year?' I said, 'Yeah, I feel they probably know what I've been up to. I haven't stepped foot on a set. You are correct, mom.'"
Garner continued: "She said, 'Can they take this back? Because every time I talk to you, you are breast-feeding, you are running car pool, you are on the library committee -- you are not acting!' I said it's not all about the now, it's things you've done in the past or in the future, and she was like, 'Honey, you have a weird job.'"
The "Odd Life of Timothy Green" actress, who showed off her impressive post-baby body in a slimming black Michael Kors dress, also thanked her husband Ben Affleck, 39, "for taking over drop-offs and pick-ups and bedtime so I could make it."
"And thanks for making me feel like maybe someday I will get to relax in a hair and makeup chair again and leave the maniacs at home with you!"
Garner and Affleck, who wed in June 2005, are also parents to daughters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite