Jennifer Garner: I'm Always Breast-feeding and Rarely Acting
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: DAVE PROCTOR/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet6 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Bunny/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: DAE/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: DAE/ZOJ/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 11 Best and Worst Moments From 'The Voice' Final Blind AuditionsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:21:00 PM
- Little People, Big World's Matt and Amy Roloff SeparateMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Keke Palmer Joins Masters of SexMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Rooney Mara in Negotiations to Play Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.' 'Pan'MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:40:00 AM
- 'Mad Men's' Matthew Weiner Q&A: Are We Over-Analyzing TV?MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:25:00 AM
- 11 Best and Worst Moments From 'The Voice' Final Blind Auditions
Jennifer Garner has been relatively quiet since the Feb. 27 birth of her son Samuel, but that changed on Thursday when she accepted the Female Star of the Year award at CinemaCon in Las Vegas.
"I told my mom the other day I was getting this award .... and I was excited and feeling proud and thought she was going to be proud, and then there was this pause on the other end of the line," a beaming Garner, 40, said during her acceptance speech. "She said, 'Jennifer, do these people know you haven't worked in the last year?' I said, 'Yeah, I feel they probably know what I've been up to. I haven't stepped foot on a set. You are correct, mom.'"
Garner continued: "She said, 'Can they take this back? Because every time I talk to you, you are breast-feeding, you are running car pool, you are on the library committee -- you are not acting!' I said it's not all about the now, it's things you've done in the past or in the future, and she was like, 'Honey, you have a weird job.'"
The "Odd Life of Timothy Green" actress, who showed off her impressive post-baby body in a slimming black Michael Kors dress, also thanked her husband Ben Affleck, 39, "for taking over drop-offs and pick-ups and bedtime so I could make it."
"And thanks for making me feel like maybe someday I will get to relax in a hair and makeup chair again and leave the maniacs at home with you!"
Garner and Affleck, who wed in June 2005, are also parents to daughters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite