Jennifer Garner on Scott Foley divorce: 'We just imploded'
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 18
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage2 of 18
- Photo: INB/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: Stoianov/Pablo/Fame Flynet4 of 18
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet5 of 18
- Photo: HGVC/GSI6 of 18
- Photo: Rich Pedroncelli/Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: Rich Pedroncelli/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: Rich Pedroncelli/Invision/AP9 of 18
- Photo: ROQU/GSI10 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage11 of 18
- Photo: DJ/Fame Flynet12 of 18
- Photo: Fern/Splash News13 of 18
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage14 of 18
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage15 of 18
- Photo: Pablo/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet16 of 18
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
"Oh, he's a great guy," the "Dallas Buyers Club" actress, 41, told the magazine via Just Jared. "We were full-on grown-ups, but looking back I'm aware we did not know what hit us."
Garner and Foley, now 41, married in October 2000 after meeting on the set of Felicity; Foley starred alongside Keri Russell on the show from 1998 to 2002, and Garner guest-starred in 1998. The two separated in March 2003 and their divorce was finalized in March 2004.
"We didn't have a shot," Garner said. "He's a really good guy, and we just imploded."
Soon after their divorce, Garner started dating her Daredevil co-star Ben Affleck. The couple eventually married in June 2005, and are now parents to daughters Violet, 7, and Seraphina, 4, and son Samuel, 18 months. Scandal actor Foley married actress Marika Dominczyk in June 2007, and the spouses are parents to daughter Malina, 3, and son Keller, 16 months.
Garner told Allure that marrying actor and director Affleck -- one of Hollywood's biggest stars, now set to play Batman in "Man of Steel" sequel -- has made her more cautious about attending events together. "It can be too much," she explained. "I think especially for women, they can really lose their identity and just become 'wife of.'"
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite