Jennifer Garner on Scott Foley divorce: 'We just imploded'
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 18
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage2 of 18
- Photo: INB/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: Stoianov/Pablo/Fame Flynet4 of 18
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet5 of 18
- Photo: HGVC/GSI6 of 18
- Photo: Rich Pedroncelli/Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: Rich Pedroncelli/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: Rich Pedroncelli/Invision/AP9 of 18
- Photo: ROQU/GSI10 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage11 of 18
- Photo: DJ/Fame Flynet12 of 18
- Photo: Fern/Splash News13 of 18
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage14 of 18
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage15 of 18
- Photo: Pablo/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet16 of 18
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet17 of 18
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
"Oh, he's a great guy," the "Dallas Buyers Club" actress, 41, told the magazine via Just Jared. "We were full-on grown-ups, but looking back I'm aware we did not know what hit us."
Garner and Foley, now 41, married in October 2000 after meeting on the set of Felicity; Foley starred alongside Keri Russell on the show from 1998 to 2002, and Garner guest-starred in 1998. The two separated in March 2003 and their divorce was finalized in March 2004.
"We didn't have a shot," Garner said. "He's a really good guy, and we just imploded."
Soon after their divorce, Garner started dating her Daredevil co-star Ben Affleck. The couple eventually married in June 2005, and are now parents to daughters Violet, 7, and Seraphina, 4, and son Samuel, 18 months. Scandal actor Foley married actress Marika Dominczyk in June 2007, and the spouses are parents to daughter Malina, 3, and son Keller, 16 months.
Garner told Allure that marrying actor and director Affleck -- one of Hollywood's biggest stars, now set to play Batman in "Man of Steel" sequel -- has made her more cautious about attending events together. "It can be too much," she explained. "I think especially for women, they can really lose their identity and just become 'wife of.'"
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite