Jennifer Garner on Scott Foley divorce: 'We just imploded'
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 18
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage2 of 18
- Photo: INB/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: Stoianov/Pablo/Fame Flynet4 of 18
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet5 of 18
- Photo: HGVC/GSI6 of 18
- Photo: Rich Pedroncelli/Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: Rich Pedroncelli/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: Rich Pedroncelli/Invision/AP9 of 18
- Photo: ROQU/GSI10 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage11 of 18
- Photo: DJ/Fame Flynet12 of 18
- Photo: Fern/Splash News13 of 18
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage14 of 18
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage15 of 18
- Photo: Pablo/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet16 of 18
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
"Oh, he's a great guy," the "Dallas Buyers Club" actress, 41, told the magazine via Just Jared. "We were full-on grown-ups, but looking back I'm aware we did not know what hit us."
Garner and Foley, now 41, married in October 2000 after meeting on the set of Felicity; Foley starred alongside Keri Russell on the show from 1998 to 2002, and Garner guest-starred in 1998. The two separated in March 2003 and their divorce was finalized in March 2004.
"We didn't have a shot," Garner said. "He's a really good guy, and we just imploded."
Soon after their divorce, Garner started dating her Daredevil co-star Ben Affleck. The couple eventually married in June 2005, and are now parents to daughters Violet, 7, and Seraphina, 4, and son Samuel, 18 months. Scandal actor Foley married actress Marika Dominczyk in June 2007, and the spouses are parents to daughter Malina, 3, and son Keller, 16 months.
Garner told Allure that marrying actor and director Affleck -- one of Hollywood's biggest stars, now set to play Batman in "Man of Steel" sequel -- has made her more cautious about attending events together. "It can be too much," she explained. "I think especially for women, they can really lose their identity and just become 'wife of.'"
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite