Jennifer Hudson Forgives Family Killer
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks2 of 17
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks3 of 17
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin4 of 17
- Photo: AB5/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: STICKMAN/Bauer-Griffin6 of 17
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/Invision for Pampers/.7 of 17
- Photo: LEON/GSI8 of 17
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/Invision for Pampers/.9 of 17
- Photo: Wonderwall10 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/.12 of 17
- Photo: Hugh Dillon/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Miguel Aguilar/PacificCoastNews.com15 of 17
- Photo: JMF/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Oxygen Orders Anthology Series 'My Crazy Love' Featuring Outrageous Romantic GestuMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 10:00:00 AM
- 'Red Band Society' Review: Prognosis Is Good, Though It Could Take More RisksMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 8:42:00 AM
- Ratings: 'New Girl,' 'Mindy Project' Premieres Suffer Big Drops MSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 8:37:00 AM
- 5 spring trends from London Fashion WeekMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 8:35:49 AM
- Jezebel Writer Lindy West Joins GQ as Culture WriterMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 8:35:00 AM
- Oxygen Orders Anthology Series 'My Crazy Love' Featuring Outrageous Romantic Gestu
Jennifer Hudson has forgiven her estranged brother-in-law, William Balfour, for murdering her mother, brother, and nephew in 2008 because his tough upbringing left him emotionally damaged.
Balfour was ordered to spend the rest of his life behind bars in July after he was convicted of breaking into the family's Chicago home and slaying Hudson's mother, Darnell Donerson, her brother, Jason Hudson, and seven-year-old nephew, Julian King, who was found shot dead in the back of an abandoned SUV three days later.
However, despite all the pain and suffering Balfour has caused her, Hudson has made peace with the situation.
RELATED: Longest Celebrity Engagements
During an interview on "Oprah's Next Chapter," which aired in on Sunday, she said, "Yes (I forgive him) 'cause I feel like for the most part it's not his fault, it's ... how he was brought up."
She added, "We tried to offer love, but you were so far gone that you couldn't even see that. A lot of things came out, that we didn't even know about, from his upbringing, which is like he never had a chance. You never had a chance. Had you had the love that my mother gave us, or the background that some have, then you would've stood a chance. So how could your heart not go out to that?"
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite