Jennifer Hudson stuns Chelsea Handler with confession: I've been sober my whole life
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.2 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP3 of 14
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 14
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com5 of 14
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA6 of 14
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks7 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: 247PapsTV/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America11 of 14
- Photo: MICHAEL WILLIAMS/StarTraks12 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
After her interview with Jennifer Hudson, Chelsea Handler could use a stiff drink! The 38-year-old talk show host welcomed the 32-year-old actress and singer on "Chelsea Lately" on Oct. 10. During their chat, Hudson made a shocking confession.
"I love this new movie," Handler said of Hudson's latest film, "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete." "It's great because you play a heroin addict, which is the only drug I've never tried. You've never done heroin?"
"I've never done anything, so that was hard to play this role. I've never had a drink in my life. I'm sober," Hudson shared. "I'm like, 'OK, this is new to me.' Normally as an actor, you have things to pull from. I was like, 'I don't know what it's like to feel any of that.'"
Handler, author of the best-selling book "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea," was completely stunned by Hudson's sobriety. "What do you mean you've never had a drink?" she asked in dismay. "What are you waiting for?"
"I don't know. I've never been interested. Nobody ever believes it," she said. "When I got this role, I was like, 'Oh my god, what am I gonna do? What am I gonna pull from to play the role?'"
Hudson met with ex-addicts at a rehabilitation center to help prepare, but she found one piece of advice particularly helpful.
"They took me through each and every step of what it's like, how you get addicted to drugs and what it feels like when you are high," she recalled. "She told me it was like an orgasm. I was like, 'I could do that part! I could fake that!'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Derek Hough undergoes painful physical therapy to deal with a back injury, plus more stars seek professional tune ups on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite