Jennifer Hudson stuns Chelsea Handler with confession: I've been sober my whole life
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.2 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP3 of 14
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 14
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com5 of 14
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA6 of 14
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks7 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: 247PapsTV/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America11 of 14
- Photo: MICHAEL WILLIAMS/StarTraks12 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
After her interview with Jennifer Hudson, Chelsea Handler could use a stiff drink! The 38-year-old talk show host welcomed the 32-year-old actress and singer on "Chelsea Lately" on Oct. 10. During their chat, Hudson made a shocking confession.
"I love this new movie," Handler said of Hudson's latest film, "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete." "It's great because you play a heroin addict, which is the only drug I've never tried. You've never done heroin?"
"I've never done anything, so that was hard to play this role. I've never had a drink in my life. I'm sober," Hudson shared. "I'm like, 'OK, this is new to me.' Normally as an actor, you have things to pull from. I was like, 'I don't know what it's like to feel any of that.'"
Handler, author of the best-selling book "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea," was completely stunned by Hudson's sobriety. "What do you mean you've never had a drink?" she asked in dismay. "What are you waiting for?"
"I don't know. I've never been interested. Nobody ever believes it," she said. "When I got this role, I was like, 'Oh my god, what am I gonna do? What am I gonna pull from to play the role?'"
Hudson met with ex-addicts at a rehabilitation center to help prepare, but she found one piece of advice particularly helpful.
"They took me through each and every step of what it's like, how you get addicted to drugs and what it feels like when you are high," she recalled. "She told me it was like an orgasm. I was like, 'I could do that part! I could fake that!'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite