Jennifer Hudson stuns Chelsea Handler with confession: I've been sober my whole life
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.2 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP3 of 14
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 14
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com5 of 14
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA6 of 14
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks7 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: 247PapsTV/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America11 of 14
- Photo: MICHAEL WILLIAMS/StarTraks12 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- ESPN Suspends Stephen A. Smith Over Domestic Violence RemarksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:59:00 PM
- FCC Takes Aim at Time Warner Cable in Dodgers DisputeMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:50:00 PM
- CW's Arrow Finds Its Wildcat in J.R. RamirezMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:40:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Loses $15.4 Million in Its Latest QuarterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:12:00 PM
- FXX's 'The League' Gets Season 6 Premiere DateMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:59:00 PM
- ESPN Suspends Stephen A. Smith Over Domestic Violence Remarks
After her interview with Jennifer Hudson, Chelsea Handler could use a stiff drink! The 38-year-old talk show host welcomed the 32-year-old actress and singer on "Chelsea Lately" on Oct. 10. During their chat, Hudson made a shocking confession.
"I love this new movie," Handler said of Hudson's latest film, "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete." "It's great because you play a heroin addict, which is the only drug I've never tried. You've never done heroin?"
"I've never done anything, so that was hard to play this role. I've never had a drink in my life. I'm sober," Hudson shared. "I'm like, 'OK, this is new to me.' Normally as an actor, you have things to pull from. I was like, 'I don't know what it's like to feel any of that.'"
Handler, author of the best-selling book "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea," was completely stunned by Hudson's sobriety. "What do you mean you've never had a drink?" she asked in dismay. "What are you waiting for?"
"I don't know. I've never been interested. Nobody ever believes it," she said. "When I got this role, I was like, 'Oh my god, what am I gonna do? What am I gonna pull from to play the role?'"
Hudson met with ex-addicts at a rehabilitation center to help prepare, but she found one piece of advice particularly helpful.
"They took me through each and every step of what it's like, how you get addicted to drugs and what it feels like when you are high," she recalled. "She told me it was like an orgasm. I was like, 'I could do that part! I could fake that!'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite