Jennifer Lawrence called fat, told to diet when she was younger: 'I was hurt'
- Photo: Harper's Bazaar1 of 14
- Photo: Getty Images North America2 of 14
- Photo: APL/WENN3 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 14
- Photo: APL/WENN5 of 14
- Photo: Larry Busacca/Getty Images North America6 of 14
- Photo: Brian To/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: AP1/WENN8 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Digital10 of 14
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP12 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Hulu Inks Exclusive Deal to Stream Entire 'South Park' Library, Renews 'EMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 3:24:00 PM
- Female Yahoo! Exec Being Sued by Female Subordinate for Sexual HarassmentMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 3:24:00 PM
- Cory Monteith's Father Looks Back on Anniversary of His Son's DeathMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 3:09:00 PM
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Internet Cancellation Hoax Outrages FansMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 2:54:00 PM
- LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian jump into reality TVMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 2:50:32 PM
- Hulu Inks Exclusive Deal to Stream Entire 'South Park' Library, Renews 'E
If anyone ever tells Jennifer Lawrence to go on a diet again, she'll tell them exactly what THEY can do. In the November issue of Harper's Bazaar U.K., the 23-year-old "Hunger Games" star recalls being criticized for her weight when she was younger -- and why she'll never let it happen again.
"I was young. It was just the kind of [expletive] that actresses have to go through. Somebody told me I was fat, that I was going to get fired if I didn't lose a certain amount of weight," Lawrence shares (via Just Jared). "They brought in pictures of me where I was basically naked, and told me to use them as motivation for my diet."
The "Silver Linings Playbook" Oscar-winning actress tells the magazine that the nasty remarks still hurt her feelings to this day.
"[Someone brought it up recently.] They thought that because of the way my career had gone, it wouldn't still hurt me. That somehow, after I won an Oscar, I'm above it all. 'You really still care about that?' Yeah. I was a little girl. I was hurt," Lawrence says. "It doesn't matter what accolades you get. I know it'll never happen to me again. If anybody even tries to whisper the word 'diet', I'm like, 'You can go [expletive] yourself.'"
But now that Lawrence is an Academy Award-winning actress, critics have found a brand new subject to nit-pick at: her acceptance speeches.
"[The other person said] Other people are getting up and owning the stage and you sound like a stuttering idiot. Pull it together,'" Lawrence recalls of being told of her 2013 Oscar acceptance speech. "And I said, 'I'm not doing it on purpose, I'm uncomfortable and when people get uncomfortable they resort to their [expletive]. I make awkward jokes and stutter."
The young star tripped up the steps on her way to the stage and had a "brain fart" when she forgot to thank director David O. Russell and producer Harvey Weinstein in her speech.
"That was actually a moment when I really wanted it to be special," Lawrence tells the magazine. "That was not the time I wanted to be the Down-home Girl. I wanted to be graceful."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez brings the glam while spending time with her fam at Paris Fashion Week on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop about the troubled star on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDad Duty
From Crowd Ignite