Jennifer Lawrence has pneumonia
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: AAR/Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: All Access Photo/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: AP/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: AFI/.11 of 16
- Photo: Getty Images/Getty Images North America12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA15 of 16
More Celeb News
- AMC Orders Martial Arts Drama 'Badlands' Straight to SeriesMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 4:36:00 PM
- 'The Chair' Producer Zachary Quinto Talks 'Skepticism' About UnsMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 4:19:00 PM
- LeBron James' Absence Demands Explanation During Starz's 'Survivor&apMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 4:15:00 PM
- Megan Ellison Nearing Deal to Co-Finance Leonardo DiCaprio Thriller 'The Revenant'MSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Yahoo Acquires Mobile Streaming Start-up RayVMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 3:48:00 PM
- AMC Orders Martial Arts Drama 'Badlands' Straight to Series
Get well, Jennifer Lawrence! The "Silver Linings Playbook" actress, 22, is dealing with a bout of pneumonia. Her costar in the acclaimed film, Jacki Weaver, announced Lawrence's illness at the the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Awards in Los Angeles on Saturday, Jan. 26, where an absent Lawrence won the Best Actress trophy.
"I'm going to receive this on her behalf," Weaver, 65, said at the podium. "Poor Jen is really sick. She really is sick. She has pneumonia."
"Silver Linings Playbook" producer Bruce Cohen explains to Us Weekly: "With all her appearances, she hasn't gotten enough bed rest, but I think her plan is to be at the SAGs tomorrow," Cohen said. He cautioned: "I haven't spoken to her recently."
For her performance as a quirky young widow in "Silver Linings," Lawrence has already won a Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy Golden Globe, and is up for a Screen Actors' Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role; the 19th Annual SAG Awards will be handed out Sunday, Jan. 27 from the L.A. Shrine Exposition Center, and broadcast on TNT and TBS at 8 p.m. EST.
Lawrence has also received her second Oscar nomination for Best Actress in the film, while Weaver (who plays Bradley Cooper's mom) is up for a Best Supporting Actress trophy.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Jennifer Lawrence Has Pneumonia
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many women who have been wooed by George Clooney over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBoob Job?
From Crowd Ignite